Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organizations on a timely and consistent basis.
At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the latest vacancies at Interswitch Group.
Table of Contents
Head, Banking Technologies
- To support the growth of the Systegra Technology Business by managing required resources and work collaboratively with other departments to deepen & diversify existing businesses as well as develop new ones to achieve revenue growth
- Strategy: Responsible for designing and implementing the Banking Technologies strategic Business Plan. The preferred candidate will be the Business owner of Banking Technologies business liaising with internal and external stakeholders to achieve the strategic business plan.
- OEM Management: Providing oversight on Original Equipment Manufacturer partnerships by establishing cadence and managing Senior Management engagements with our partners.
- Client & Customer Management (External): Manages key client and customer relationships, typically by using account teams to ensure their ongoing satisfaction and loyalty toward the organization.
- Sales Penetration: Takes responsibility for implementing the sales strategy for a significant part of the Systegra Business Division, while possibly leading major strategic bids.
- Product development: Responsible for Banking Technologies product development strategy working closely with Products and Engineering teams for successful rollout of initiatives.
- Market development: Responsible for Africa expansion strategy for Banking Technologies business working closely with Sales and Account Management to achieve the organizations strategy.
- Budgeting & Costing: Aligns business strategy to budget and costing and takes responsibility for setting and managing Banking Technologies budgets.
- Building Capability: Takes responsibility for implementing formal development frameworks for business and support teams, while informally coaching and mentoring others throughout the organization.
- Data Collection & Analysis: Analyzes key themes using data from a wide range of sources and identifies possible impacts on the business.
- Data Management: Manages the development and/or operation of significant aspects of the data management system with guidance from senior colleagues.
- Leadership and Direction: Takes responsibility for fulfilling business plans for a significant functional business area by effectively leading a large team.
- Operational Management: Manages a significant operational area for the organization.
- Performance Management: Sets longer term objectives and takes responsibility for implementing and coordinating performance management systems for a substantial department within the organization.
- Strategic Initiatives Management: Develops & manages new initiatives for defending, diversifying and growing existing businesses.
- New Business: Develops & manages new revenue lines across the business verticals.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- First Degree
- At least, seven years of relevant experience
Head, Business Growth & Insight
- Lead and coordinate the execution of strategy as approved
- Coordinate the strategic planning and business performance management processes to ensure complete alignment with group strategy office
- Coordinate the execution of business innovation, business growth initiatives and strategic initiatives within the group
- Lead and coordinate the execution of business plans for Triggers initiatives and strategic projects with potential to generate 5% – 10% in new revenue
- Serve as Business consultant to the operating and functional groups
Performance Tracking and Division Co-ordination
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of our business model and a proven ability to communicate with senior internal team members (Group Heads/MDs/EVPs/Chiefs/GMD) and external contacts (consultants, investors, partners and clients)
- Provides ongoing oversight and support to ensure that performance measures are being used to effectively manage operations, identify and manage risks, and effect organizational and business changes
- Effectively evaluate Business performance (Target vs Actual) leveraging the Business Driver Diagram tool
- Effectively evaluate employee performance (Target vs Actual) leveraging the Balance Scorecard tool
- Develop, implement, and interpret policies, procedures, and processes and evaluate their effectiveness
- Plan, organize, and manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other Departments and external customers.
- Plan, coordinate, and assign the work of others and lead functional workgroups as directed by the MD/EVP
- Provide expertise in analysis of service performance and determining business impact
Business Growth Management
- Drive Business Innovation ideas and initiative from quality research, business performance analysis and insights
- Identify and develop growth initiatives to enable business meet its growth objectives
- Lead and coordinate the generation of business ideas, brainstorming sessions and incubation initiatives to enable growth plans
- Work with business owners, functional chiefs to identify opportunities for optimizing the business and creating efficiencies across operations within the Interswitch Group.
- Lead assigned new growth or business expansion initiatives that maybe assigned y the MD/EVP during the course of the year
- Deepen understanding of the payment and commerce industry, monitor emerging trends and recommendS adjustments
Business Models, Revenue Models or Operations Strategy
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret and provide insightful commentary on performance results, including the impact of market factors and other drivers
- Manage all performance benchmarks used by Interswitch to track performance of the approved Industries.
- Makes use of insights from market research to inform strategy and direction and also strengthen decision making process.
Program And Project Management
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to priorities workload efficiently
- Switched on and self-starter attitude to work
- Strong team orientation with a willingness and preparedness to share and seek information, knowledge, help and support others in the team
- Excellent ‘verbal, written and presentation’ communication skills. For written and verbal skills, particular focus on interpreting to non-technical audiences
- Good understanding of service and project delivery methodologies. Agile, Lean Six Sigma, CMMI and others Interswitch may consider important in driving its business objectives
- A demonstrated ability to think critically, solve problems, and develop a narrative based on data driven insights
- Experience with the development of research and measurement frameworks based on clearly defined objectives
- Demonstrated ability to analyse data and translate into a business opportunity or business innovation
- Advanced experience with business tools (specifically with respect to Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Word) and industry research platforms; Gartner, Bloomberg, and popular Payment and Industry-relevant blogs.
- Proven ability to analyze, organize and integrate large amounts of information into clear concise presentation and plans
- Ability to develop, implement and collaborate effectively towards measuring & tracking strategies and strategic initiatives
- Contribute to development of best practices, industry standards, regulatory policies, and related activities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- First degree in relevant discipline
- An MBA from a Top Business School would be an advantage
- Lean Six Sigma
- Safe Agile Certification (Not mandatory but recognized)
Experience (Number of relevant years):
- 6 – 12 years’ experience in banking, payment and commerce industry
- 2 – 3 Consulting experience with a leading industry firm
- 2 – 3 Management Experience
Instore Merchant Onboarding and Support - Merchant Acquiring
The Instore Merchant Onboarding and Support officer will be responsible for onboarding, supervision of the Business Support Partners, supporting our merchant (Acquired, Co-acquired and PTSP) terminals. The ideal candidate will also maintain and nurture relationships with new and existing Merchants/Partners/Banks. This individual will interact with the sales and product teams to achieve client expectations and provide recommendations to improve merchant experience. Ideal candidates should be customer centric.
- Responsible for field support activities on POS terminals managed by Interswitch (primarily, as Acquired, Co-acquired and PTSP) and secondly, for all of Interswitch POS Business
- Responsible for growing the number of merchants in the assigned region and with the assigned Banks
- Responsible for the overall management of field operations in a particular cluster or region as assigned.
- Responsible for Interfacing with Banks Support teams and external client Support issues relating to POS devices
- Ensures that the agreed SLAs/OLAs with Banks and third –party Vendors (where applicable) are adhered to
- In charge of giving feedback on process improvement initiatives to the product, operations, business, engineering, and service management teams
- Responsible for Monitoring all POS terminals assigned to Interswitch as PTSP to ensure the uptime of the terminals 24/7
- Responsible for logging all customers service calls received via phone calls and emails on CRM
- Carries out 1st level Support: Remote Support, Call Support and 2nd Level Support
- Responsible for any or all or the strategic pillars of quality assurance, terminal deployments, repairs and stop gap management, merchant categorisation and merchant visitation list.
- Provides Advisory services to Banks and merchants during daily support activities
- Conducts training of bank staff and merchants on use of POS applications and support
- Reviews effective utilization of product manuals & training manuals
- Conducts quarterly technical sessions for key merchants, PTSP and banks (when necessary)
- Co-manages the administration and training of BSP (Business Support Partners)
- Prepare weekly activity reports for all managed POS devices to Banks and Team Lead
- Prepare an issue report for critical issues encountered in performing daily activities to the Team Lead
- Responsible for Parameter Management (Parameter Generation, Nibss & Kimono Registration, Parameter update/change)
- Merchant profiling on extraswitch, aribiter and related platforms
- Manages the process of terminal provisioning (configuration and certification)
- Provision of merchant onboarding support and ensuring high conversion rate for generated leads
- Terminal consumables and inventory management
- Responsible for administration and management of TMS systems (PAX Store)
- Database management and reporting
- Bridging the link between the technical team (engineering and products) and the support team
- Provision of post-onboarding support
- Partner relationship management
- Merchant training and service review
- Revenue assurance
- Demonstrated experience in POS technical support and/or onboarding, and customer relations management
- Clear understanding and appreciation of POS business (PTSP, Acquiring, Co-Acquiring and Agency Banking)
- Sound understanding of terminal transaction routing and processing
- Verifiable experience in PTSP support
- Good interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Proficiency in MS applications (MS Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in using tools like CRM, AX, and JIRA.
- Excellent time management skills
- Energetic, proactive team player, target driven and highly motivated.
- Articulate and professional, enthusiastic attitude and a focus on results are required
- Strong communication skills: ability to reach prospects creatively, position solution/products.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Academic Qualification(s): Hold a BSc/HND from a reputable tertiary institution Professional
- Qualification(s): Project Management desirable but not compulsory Experience (Number of relevant years): Minimum professional experience of 2 years in POS support within the payments or financial services industry
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by clicking on the BUTTONS below.
Deadline: June 30, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.