Lafarge Cement (Lafarge Africa Plc) is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group – the biggest building and concrete solutions company in the world. It is a publicly quoted company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE).
Lafarge serves Nigeria and South Africa with a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the Latest Vacancies at Lafarge Cement Nigeria.
Table of Contents
Mechanical Inspector, Mfamosing
The Mechanical Inspector primary objective is to coordinate and control execution of iinspections, analyze all process and auxiliary equipment so that the condition of each piece of equipment can be monitored and maintained at a high level of operating performance.
- The Inspector communicates regularly with the operations personnel to gain information on any problems or concerns they may have about the equipment and the way it is affecting the process.
- The incumbent also analyses situations to determine whether it is a mechanical, electrical or operating problem and recommends solutions to correctly utilize all resources available.
- Studies equipment problems and recommends modifications or replacements of it.
- Investigates repetitive problems and initiates corrective maintenance procedures.
- Continually informs Production, Process and Maintenance of the operating condition of equipment and advises those responsible when a piece of equipment should be shut down in order to prevent damage to said equipment or injury to any of the plant personnel.
- The Incumbent coordinates all Preventive and Predictive Maintenance Inspections performed on plant equipment.
- The incumbent will ensure compliance with safety practices and procedures, availability of safety equipment and that first aid treatment is provided when required.
- Ensures that there has been a work order entered in CMMS to cover adjustments or repairs to equipment, checks for the proper equipment number, adequate description of the request, appropriate priority code and workshop or plant code.
- Assist in the planning of systematic overhauls of major equipment
- Systematic inspection and data recording of all plant equipment with follow up to appropriate people.
- Carry out specific and precision duties as drive alignment, open gear inspection as checking of root clearances, wobble, eccentricity checks, institute balancing of new installation monitoring stop checks on bearings, basic NDT inspections etc.
- Preparation of the daily work schedule for the PMR tasks in accordance with equipment needs while utilizing CMMS to document and monitor equipment history files.
- Record all temperatures, pressures and any relevant information, which may be used for analysis from CCR.
- The incumbent is also the plant person in charge of the mechanical integrity of the plant’s machinery
- The incumbent is responsible and should have data pertaining to reliability so that he can analyze, and advise departments on the information needed to perform RCFA (i.e. vibrations, temperatures, hours, causes, Pareto charts etc.)
- Ensure regular participation and engagement of the team for RCA/RCM process as and when required for assign machines performs other duties such as maintaining work records and maintenance repair history logs, attending regular meetings with maintenance engineers.
- Participate in the Maintenance Supervisor On-Call Program.
- List of direct reports:
- Key interfaces, stakeholders and relationships:
- Mechanical Planner
- Mechanical Execution
- Area Manager & Shift Leader
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIs)
- NAI – MTBF
- Maintenance Cost
- PMR ratio
- Scheduling compliance
- Planning accuracy
- Mayor Shutdown evaluation
- Call out
- Outstanding work (13w)
- Schedule Ratio 3
- PMR efficiency
- PMR not performed
- BOM mat PRequest ratio
- Spare parts inventory value (NWC)
- PM02 manual call ratio
- Aging maint request
- PM01 w/out maint request
- Material reservation usage
- Aging work order
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.ENG Mechanical, Electrical or any other related Engineering field
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in Mechanical Engineering, including rotating machines. Equipment maintenance, condition monitoring, in cement manufacturing company, refinery, power or heavy process plant.
- Knowledge of gearboxes, transmissions, hydraulic, pneumatic, welding techniques, lubrication, and mechanical non-destructive testing.
- Adequate Knowledge related to equipment function & maintenance (Crusher, Stacker, Reclaimer, Raw mill, Belt Conveyors & Aux. Equipment)
- Good knowledge of Machinery Condition Monitoring technologies and maintenance philosophies.
- Ability to trouble shoot problems and propose corrective actions.
- Excellent knowledge of vibration analysis, oil analysis, wear measurement, thermography, liquid penetrant, ultrasonic, magnetic particle, radiography, etc. Technical / Functional Skills:
- Knowledge of safety rules and regulations.
- Good knowledge of plant equipment.
- Knowledge of the Cement process is essential.
- Strong knowledge of various simple measuring tools.
- Computer literacy.
- Effective team player
Leadership and Managerial Abilities:
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to foresee the situation.
Sales Operations Partner
Role holder is responsible for;
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of core products via successful completion of required sales training program, and utilize this knowledge to successfully lead Sales Support operations.
- Analyse performance metrics data and leverage it to effectively coach and develop the Sales Support team
- Effectively manage Sales Operations expenses to ensure delivery of internal gross margin goals.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of new processes and procedures for effective and efficient team operations.
- Remain knowledgeable of key processes, business initiatives and internal resources in order to assist the sales team and recruitment in accomplishing company goals.
- Work closely with Sales Managers and the Pricing Analysts to address contract issues or concerns and to ensure timeliness of contract review.
- Approve expenses and manage profitability reporting as it relates to field metrics.
- Identify opportunities and weaknesses within outlets and makes proposals to create value and increase operational efficiency.
- Continuously research and remain knowledgeable of industry trends and competition.
- Complete sales forecasts and sales activity reports and presentations in a timely manner
Build direct relationship with Channel Partner and monitor operational excellence
- Ensure Channel Partner compliance with LafargeHolcim (LH) requirements (e.g. making sure that CP exclusively sells LH cement)
- Record CP performance against pre-determined KPIs (LH truck CICO <6 hours, CP dispatches orders in <1 day etc.)
- Daily alignment with CP on orders to be dispatched and drafted route plans
- Address CP concerns or complaints and document issues for further resolution
- Coach external field sales team lead on effectively managing the external field sales force
- Conducts trainings on 5 Steps of Call
- Effective Sales Presentation
- Identifying opportunities
- Stock taking etc.
Manage collection and integration of data
- Perform daily CP account reconciliation and data control
- Supervise data quality of aggregated order information in LH ordering tool
- Authorize addition of new outlets/deletion of closed outlets in the LH ordering tool
- Check stock in CP warehouse and record daily updated with LH ordering tool
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of healthy P&L account for Channel Partner
Organize and track weekly activities of external Field Sales force
- Announce any trade promos, new products, etc.
- Supervise sales leaderboard and KPI tracking
- Supervise hiring of new Field Sales Agents
- Lead sales excellence trainings and create quarterly job reviews for Field Agents and Team Lead
Indirect People Relationship
- Weekly meetings with Field Sales team to track performance
- Weekly check in with Channel Relationship Manager (CRM) to highlight urgent issues and receive any key announcements
- Prepare and present weekly CP performance update
- Align on objectives/strategies to drive CP performance KPI Responsibility – Responsible for Inventory Management/ Sales KPIs
- KPI Responsibility
- Responsible for Inventory Management/ Sales KPIs
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport with customers.
- Previous operations experience and an organized approach to work.
- Hardworking with a strong work ethic.
- Previous experience working in Sales and Stock management
- Team Leadership
- Creating or managing P&L Accounts
- Must be a good team player, must be innovative and proactive
- Must be customer service oriented
- Target driven and proactive
- Technology savvy
- Good people skill with ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent Communication Skills
Leadership Competencies and Behaviors
Vision and Purpose
- Constantly ensure stickiness with Customers
- Know the business and its trends
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Mobilize people
- Inspire commitment
Driving For Results
- Strong Business Foresight
- Autonomous and Accountable for his/her actions
- Result Oriented LEADING CHANGE
- Build trust and get people’s buy-in
- Challenge and be open to be challenged
Critical Success Factors and Compliance with the Group Rules
- Strong communication skills
- In depth understanding of sales and marketing principles
- Experienced user of sales ordering tools
- Proven Retail Sales experience
- Directly reports to Customer Relationship Manager
Environmental Coordinator, Ashaka
- The Environmental Coordinator ensures implementation of the organization’s Environmental plan and procedures, trained personnel in the proper response to environmental impact, hazards and control measures.
- Ensure Compliance to Environmental laws and Regulations within the plant.
- Coordinates General housekeeping, waste disposal, and other environmental related KPI to improve performance and ensure sustainability.
- Ensures that the plant meets her environmental statutory/legal requirements
- Ensures regular measurement of plant emissions and discharges, Monitor, Report and Propose measures to control deviation.
- Check that all primary corrective measures (calibration, seals, etc.) are implemented
- Collating Environmental parameters for monthly reporting and participating in Internal & External Audits
- Perform regular variance analyses on priority key environmental indicators and propose corrective actions
- Ensure that quarry exploitation standards and techniques are properly enforced
- Ensure that storage and handling of all hazardous materials are properly done
- Implement waste management plan with the means needed to minimize, recycle and treat waste generated by the plant
- To promote plant image as responsible to its environmental obligations.
- To liaise with process and quality department on Plant optimization
- To ensure environmental monitoring test equipments e.g. emission and noise equipments are always in good working condition and are regularly calibrated to assure accuracy.
- To initiate actions to prevent environmental non-compliance
- In conjunction with production manager or delegate, carry out regular inspections of water drainages in the plant and ensure corrective steps are taken in the event of blockages.
- Ensures healthy working conditions and safety at work for all plant personnel
- Ensure proper planning of work, resources and execution of tasks.
- Follow up on the implementation of Biodiversity Management Plan and Quarry Rehabilitation Plan.
- Organize Environment Awareness Program/Talks/Activities for the plant
- Champion and facilitate housekeeping initiatives in the plant.
- To write required environmental reports for local authorities i.e. ISO 14001 compliance, plant environmental reports, environmental compliance/ performance reports etc.
- To supervise environmental projects and coordinates ISO 14001 certification
- Other assigned duties.
- All Staff and Contractors.
- Suppliers/ Vendors
- Host Communities
- Regulatory Agencies
List of Direct Report(s):
- Environment Manager
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Degree holder of Engineering Sciences and/or its equivalent
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by clicking on the BUTTONS below.
Deadline: Not Specified
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.