The British Council creates international opportunities for the people and builds trust between them worldwide.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the job below at British High Commission
- The Corporate Services Learning & Development (L&D)/Human Resource (HR) Officer will work under the direct supervision of the Head of Corporate Services Lagos, and dotted line reporting to the Network HR Manager in Abuja.
- The candidate will assist the Corporate Services Team in Lagos, effectively and efficiently managing day to day L&D/HR functions in line with our Operating Procedures.
- The Corporate Services L&D/HR Officer will be responsible and accountable for delivering high quality customer service as well as provide appropriate and swift administrative business support.
Roles and Responsibilities / What Will the Jobholder be Expected to Achieve
Learning and Development (L&D):
- Play a proactive and leading role in delivering a comprehensive L&D offer to all staff across the Nigeria Network.
- Supporting Senior Management, the DART, the L&D Committee, L&D Champions, Line Mangers and individuals in carrying out a Learning Needs Analysis (identifying needs and implementing learning activities and evaluating impact).
- Supporting senior management across the Nigeria Network on the L&D response to Staff Survey Outcomes and other feedback. Working with the DART and others implement agreed learning activities.
- Act as secretariat to the L&D committees across the Nigeria network and support the Nigeria Network HR Manager in ensuring the L&D Champions, managers and individuals understand their roles and that clear lines of communication are established and maintained between all stakeholders.
- Manage the Nigeria Network L&D budget ensuing both forecasts and spend are tracked accurately and efficiently. Hold Government Procurement Card for L&D spend if required (i.e. where staff do not yet have their own card or for post organised learning events).
- Partner with the HR hub and the Nigeria Network HR Manager as well as senior management (and other stakeholders) in line with the HR Operating Model, covering Recruitment, enquiries, pay & benefits and performance and talent management. This will include:
- Supporting recruitment by providing a link between hiring managers and the HR Hub, assisting with the creation of job adverts, sifting, interviewing and logistics. Providing support on induction.
- Proving support and assisting managers and the HR Hub with HR enquires including grievances and discipline, helping to escalate issues as required. Supporting the issue of official notices and letters as required.
- Supporting Terms and Conditions of Service (TACOS) and Pay reviews and helping to ensure the HR hub have accurate and timely information on payroll (overtime, leave, allowances etc.) for all staff.
- Organize logistics for HR related training events and induction days.
- Manage third party relationships with our external service providers e.g. Health Management Organizations, Life Assurance Broker, Pension Fund Administration. Proving support to staff and liaising with providers to ensure the correct level of service is provided.
- Provide cover for the HR Manager based in Abuja
- Provide support for all other Corporate Services functions including supporting the Corporate Services Team to meet tasks as required.
- To perform all duties according to the standards set out by Corporate Services Charter.
- Staff and expenditure: Local L&D Budget.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum Requirement: Training Diploma
- 3 years minimum experience in Learning & Development
- 3 years minimum experience HR
- Basic finance processes experience
- Events coordination experience
- Microsoft office word, powerpoint and excel
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and initiative
- Good customer service skills coupled with an ability to handle difficult customers
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good organising skills.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- HR Professional Qualification – CIPD
- HR Diploma
- Payroll experience.
- Seeing the Big Picture, Making Effective Decisions, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace.
NGN 573,296.78 monthly.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below
Deadline: May 3, 2022
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 070624212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.