BUA Cement incorporated in 2008 and commenced operations in September 2008.The company owns and operates Nigeria’s first floating cement terminal, the BUA Cement 1, which is designed specifically for bulk and bag unloading for BUA International Limited.
BUA has launched itself into full scale local manufacturing of cement. Maintenance work and increasing of more production lines are currently taking place in the two factories. This will make BUA brand more visible in the northern parts and around the middle belt. The ultimate goal is to make cement available and affordable to all.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for latest vacancy at BUA Cement.
Table of Contents
Health Safety & Environment (HSE) Specialist
- To develop and deploy strategies in managing Health, Safety & Environment. Assist, support, and monitor the Implementation of the HSE strategy.
- Oversees the HSE performance, and develops, implements, and monitors environmental strategies that promote sustainable development.
- To provide BUA Cement Plc management with strategic direction on HSE management focusing on performance outcomes with continuous improvement on key performance indicators. This must be in alignment and compliance with BUA Group HCSE Policies, Standards, and Guidance, as well as promote and support compliance with industry requirements and applicable environment regulations and standards.
- To facilitate the effective implementation of Environmental Management Systems across BUA Cement Plc.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitates the HSE training of personnel, including contractors. to meet the organization’s needs and requirements for minimum and job-related training.
- Oversee the development and implementation of Process Safety Management at work sites.
- Focus on achieving the highest levels of HSE performance through behavior-based initiatives, and auditing. Mentoring and expeditiously implementing change.
- Provides oversight expertise for incident investigations, development of corrective plans, and follow-up actions to prevent recurrence.
- Deploy site-specific emergency action plans and solutions.
- Facilitates and supports the maintenance of ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 certifications.
- Supports the development, implementation and tracking to closure of preventive measures to reduce the likelihood of injuries.
- Ensures plant’s compliance with applicable OHS and process safety standards
- Facilitates the performance of facility inspections for all safety and environmental regulations for State and Federal requirements.
- Supports plants in the acquisition and renewal of permits and licenses.
- Benchmarks current industry best practices to BUA Cement Plc best-in-class programs and creates better connections with associates, clients, and communities.
- Champions the continuous monitoring of environmental pollutants from operations. Implement strategies to minimize the impacts of the BUA Cement Plc Business on the environment.
- Creates and delivers environmental training for BUA Cement Plc
- Carry out collection, analysis and interpretations of environmental, OHS and process safety data.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering. Post Graduate Degrees will be an advantage.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies will be an advantage.
- A very strong process safety experience will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience.
- Good commercial understanding of business strategy, sustainability planning, and execution.
- Interpreting and applying strategies that are focused on delivering positive results.
- Managing multiple tasks with changing priorities to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with constant interruptions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at multiple levels internal and external to the firm.
- Solve complex problems with unique initiatives and tailored frameworks or approaches.
- Knowledge of a broad range of HSE issues, particularly related to the industry.
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Strategic decision-making skills
- Innovation and creativity
- Project management skill self-awareness and teamwork
- Active listening
- Stakeholder engagement skills (internal and external stakeholders)
- Professional integrity
- Influencing others
- Presentation skills
- Project Management
- Budget development & implementation skills
- Mentoring/coaching skills
- Negotiation sills
- Non-discriminatory behavior
- Resilience and effectiveness
- Change management skills.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: October 6, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Jobs Region Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: Jobs Region
- Twitter: @jobsregion
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @jobsregion
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (Jobs Region Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.