Oando PLC is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions providers with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion, and Professionalism (TRIPP), the Oando Group comprises six companies that are leaders in their market.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the latest vacancy at Oando Nigeria Plc.
Table of Contents
Corporate Development Manager, Mining & Infrastructure
- The Corporate Development Manager, Mining & Infrastructure (CDM) is responsible for supporting the corporate planning process, as well as contributing to identifying and prioritizing business opportunities to shape the Company’s strategic direction and drive organizational growth.
- The role entails the planning and management of projects in the company, from initial ideation through to completion.
- The CDM position will also support the CEO-OR&T in efforts to identify and establish viable opportunities to grow the Company’s profitability.
- Duties include project management of approved opportunities, market research and strategizing ideas to improve business operations and meeting with company executives and external partners to provide suggestions based on their analysis.
- The end goal is to provide strategic insights that help the decision-making process, and align capital and resource allocation within the business budget.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifying, screening and prioritizing of opportunities to ensure a robust pipeline of engagements within the market.
- Reviewing of market & industry trends to develop business insights and evaluate the impact upon the Organization’s current and future performance.
- Coordinate all activities relating to merger and acquisition transactions undertaken by the Company
- Supervises the execution of corporate finance led mandates and managing key relationships internally and externally.
- Supervises in building a compelling pitch, substantiated with high-level business plan and identify potential stakeholders.
- Keep track of key developments as well as best practices to continually identify new ideas, tools and trends that could provide opportunities.
- Isolate and focus on key risks and success drivers in prioritized opportunities.
- Building a compelling pitch, substantiated with high-level business plan and identify potential stakeholders
- Applies business acumen to analyze raw data, assess quantitative and qualitative trends across strategic market segments
- Assists in preparing a comprehensive competitor analysis, including financial metrics and differentiation
- Performs other assigned duties as delegated by the CEO, Refinery & Terminals from time to time.
- Develops plans, forecasts, and analyses for strategic initiatives and ad hoc projects, including new business lines/markets/products analysis, strategic decision-making in day-to-day operations, and other growth initiatives.
- Conduct research, and where necessary, due diligence with regards to potential buyers/investors / takeover targets for potential M&A activities;
- Contribute to definition of project objectives, project scope, roles & responsibilities for mining and infrastructure projects.
- Defining resource requirements and managing resource availability & allocation – both internal and third party.
- Outlining a budget based on requirements and tracking costs to deliver project on budget.
- Preparing and managing a detailed project plan to schedule key project milestones, workstreams & activities.
- Tracking project and providing regular reports on project status to project team and key stakeholders.
- Managing and adjusting for any changes in project scope, schedule and / or budget.
- Identifying and mitigating potential risks.
- Managing the relationship and communication with the Company and all stakeholders ensuring the project is delivered to their satisfaction.
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution.
- The CDM will report directly to the CEO, Refinery & Terminals / CEO, Mining & Infrastructure.
- The CDM will interface amongst internal stakeholders (Technical, Legal and Governance, Corporate Communications teams, amongst others) to ensure synergy in the delivery of the company’s growth aspirations.
- The CDM will interface amongst external stakeholders (consultants, partners, investors, contractors, etc)
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely and accurate development of corporate performance reports vs. peers
- Quality, depth and adequacy of reports/papers developed or presented internally and externally
- Timely and accurate development of project scope, plan and schedule
- Submission of Weekly project status reports
- Quality of Analysis, findings and recommendations
- Relevant support to the CEO, Refinery & Terminals as the need arises
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 1st degree in Business Administration, Economics, or other related area from a reputable tertiary institution.
- Sector knowledge of the mining, oil and gas industry, and the minerals extraction industry.
- High proficiency in financial modelling techniques. CFA/MBA qualification/in view is desirable.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Familiarity with financial analysis and business valuation methodologies
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Power Point, Word etc.
Key Behavioral Skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate business strategies and complex financial information clearly and accurately to a variety of audiences both orally and through written material
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to build strong relationships internally and externally
- High degree of independent judgment and ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with flexible work hours as needed to meet tight deadlines
- Must be able to manage projects independently and be a self-starter
- Must have a strong work ethic, attention to detail and a desire to produce top level results.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: Not Specified
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Jobs Region Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: Jobs Region
- Twitter: @jobsregion
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @jobsregion
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (Jobs Region Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.