Sahara Group is a leading international energy and infrastructure conglomerate with operations in over 38 countries across Africa, Middle East, Europe and Asia.
Spanning three decades, we have broken ground and challenged stereotypes across the global business landscape. Our irrepressible spirit and audacity to succeed where others have flinched or failed is at the core of our genetic make-up.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the latest vacancy at Sahara Group.
- Provide ad-hoc legal advice and support to the various companies within the Sahara Group,
- Ensure the legal department and the various key companies are updated on applicable legal and regulatory requirements by providing support and advice on laws, regulations and rules,
- Review, draft and negotiate medium risk commercial agreements,
- In-depth detailed research on various legal issues,
- Attend meetings with private companies and public/regulatory bodies,
- Liaise with external solicitors engaged by Sahara entities,
- Provide support on assignments or take lead on assignment as they are assigned,
- Assist in organization and administration of the legal department.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Good knowledge of Nigerian laws and regulations, corporate commercial law as well as company law and secretarial practice (knowledge in power industry, infrastructure, oil and gas will be an added advantage),
- Reasonable litigation background,
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills,
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office especially MS Word and PowerPoint,
- Ability to work as part of a team and with both internal and external stakeholders with diverse cultural backgrounds,
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills,
- Ability to identify legal challenges, analyze them and propose legal and efficient ways to overcome such identified legal challenges,
- must possess commercial awareness and ability to apply legal solutions to commercial problems,
- Must pay attention to detail, be methodical and can supervise a junior,
- Ability to think on your feet and outside the box,
- Strong commercial awareness and ability to apply commercial solutions to legal problems.
Minimum Qualification/ Experience:
- Law Degree from a commonwealth jurisdiction.
- Qualified to practice Law in Nigeria (i.e. BL).
- At least 5 – 7 years post call experience in Legal practice. Commercial and Litigation experience in a Law firm or in-house is an added advantage.
- Completion of NYSC is mandatory.
- Geographical mobility within and outside Nigeria.
- Good team spirit
- Good planning and organizational skills, including the ability to anticipate tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, and function efficiently whilst working to strict deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Must be dedicated, conscientious and reliable
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: January 2, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.