The British Council is the UK’s international organization for cultural relations and educational opportunities. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
The British Council is committed to supporting all staff to make sure their behavior is consistent with this commitment. We create a friendly environment for our staff and high incentive.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the latest vacancy at the British Council of Nigeria. See below.
Table of Contents
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND – MBA/MSC/MA
- Location: Abuja, Cross River, Delta, Edo, Ekiti, Kano, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Rivers | Nigeria. See other Jobs in Nigeria
- Join this Group to receive Job Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Are you an Employer? Click HERE to Post A Job
- We are keen to build excellence in language assessment in Nigeria through the recruitment of qualified and motivated professionals
- Examiners are recruited on a casual basis and are expected to examine at least ten sessions a year at regular intervals
- IELTS examinations regularly take place at our locations in Nigeria
- Training of successful candidates will be part of the recruitment process
Qualifications and Requirements:
- An undergraduate or Master’s degree or qualification(s) that can be demonstrated to be equivalent to an undergraduate or Master’s degree (3 years’ full-time academic study, or a minimum of one year’s full-time academic study in the case of a Master’s degree).
- A TEFL / TESOL qualification from a recognised institution (at minimum Certificate level).
- EFL / ESOL-related studies completed as part of an undergraduate / post graduate award course from a recognised institution (minimum Certificate level equivalent).
- A degree in Education (if supported by an undergraduate degree which includes studies focused on English language).
- All qualifications must be validated by a reputable institution and accredited by a professional certification board. If requested, applicants are required to provide additional information regarding their qualifications (e.g. transcript, course curriculum, evidence of external validation, accreditation by a certification standards board etc.)
- Any expenses related to verifying qualifications are to be paid by the applicant. You will be required to produce the original certificates for all qualifications.
- A minimum of three years’ full-time TEFL teaching experience (or equivalent part time) is required. Almost all of this teaching experience must relate to adult students (16 years and over). Full-time teaching’ is classified as a minimum of 14 hours of face-to-face teaching per week. Freelance and volunteer teaching is not included.
- If an applicant’s EFL / ESOL qualification is at Certificate level (or equivalent), one of the three years of full-time teaching experience must be post EFL / ESOL Certificate qualification. If the EFL / ESOL qualification is at Diploma level or higher, the teaching experience can have been completed before the qualification.
Professional Attributes and Interpersonal Skills
An IELTS Examiner is expected to have the following professional attributes and interpersonal skills:
- Completes tasks accurately and in sufficient detail
- Observes the need for confidentiality and security
- Responds positively to guidance and advice
- Always acts professionally
- Communicates effectively with colleagues and candidates and treats others with respect
- Is sensitive to cultural differences.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: May 10, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.