British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. . It is one of the world’s five largest tobacco companies. BAT has a market-leading position in over 50 countries and operations in around 180 countries.
Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Maintenance Coordinator at British American Tobacco
Reports to: Cell Manager
Seniority Level: Non-Management
- The role owner will focus on eliminating maintenance and breakdown related losses at the lowest cost.
- The Maintenance coordinator is responsible for building capability in Operating Teams and Equipment Owners to deliver overall line results supporting the Compelling Business Needs.
- He will ensure that technical resources are available (spares, tools, manuals etc.) and that technical staff is sufficiently skilled and motivated to fulfill their roles successfully.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Ensure maintenance plan is prepared and circulated
- Ensures that all MOs are closed out
- Ensures that maintenance task list reviewed at regular frequency to promote improvements
- Ensures machine operates with minimum down time
- Ensures products are within quality parameters
- Analyses downtime and devises and implements methods of reduction
- Tracks and assists in improving on effectiveness of maintenance
- Develops OPLs and tools to improve operating teams capability
- Ensure the revision and updating of “Maintenance Technical Documentation” occurs as vital.
- Assesses technical ability of technical staff and develops plans to address areas for improvement
- Communicate effectively with Team leaders and Managers to improve operational objectives.
- Impact knowledge and training to new Technicians on production and maintenance of machines and equipment.
- Supervise spare parts usage and machine down time and reduce it monthly
- Supervise technical staff competence levels and train/ coach mentor to improve.
- Builds cordial relationships with technical staff as an integrated member of technical team
- Interacts with OEM’s on technical issues and coordinates activity of OEM technical staff.
- Questions established training / maintenance/ fault finding methodology and builds / devises more efficient alternatives.
- Owns MP&S DMS for the factory and maintenance related SWP’s within the PM pillar and supports pillar in step progression
- Improves capability of maintenance leads and other maintenance resources on performing the MP&S system as per standard
- Manages MP&S Health reporting.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Should possess B.Sc/HND in any related field
- Minimum of 2nd class lower division (B.Sc.) or Lower credit (HND)
- Strong leadership, motivational and management skills.
- Desired Personal Attributes:
- Pro-active self-starter
- Assertive and tenacious
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Maintenance Coordinator at British American Tobacco” should click the APPLY HERE button below.