MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognizable.
It is through the compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the MTN Nigeria Job Recruitment 2023.
Table of Contents
Manager - Sales and Trade Development
- Co-ordinate execution of regional trade marketing strategies to drive MTNN’s value and growth aspirations.
- To propagate the MTN Brand within the region, through the development and implementation of innovative marketing initiatives.
- Execute the retail strategy in the territory to achieve the objective of retail expansion, dominance, mind share and loyalty in the region.
- Identify, create, and execute Communal & Goodwill events and sponsorship initiatives in the region to drive affinity and localization of the MTN brand in the region.
- Research and provide feedback reports on competitor activity, network quality, peculiar market situations and any issues affecting the marketing of MTNN products in the region
- Achieve BTL visibility objectives across all outlet types and category in the region through the effective planning and execution of merchandising.
- Review analysis of regional marketing surveys on current and new product concepts and recommend future product development within the region.
- Develop and execute territory specific trade marketing initiatives to ensure achievement of the business objectives in the region.
- Develop and manage profitable and sustainable partnerships to achieve our data device and mobile money objectives in the territory.
- Ensure standard look and feel across all MTN retail outlet types in the territory
- Ensure effective communication of the MTN brand and proposition at the retail layer of the distribution channel
- Assist in establishing and maintaining consistent corporate image throughout product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Co-ordinate the presence and relationship of MTNN with stakeholders and policy makers at the regional levels.
- Collaborate cross functionally – NWG, Marketing, Enterprise Solution, Customer Relations in the regional and territorial engine rooms to ensure commercial alignment in achieving the objectives of revenue, profitability & market share in the sub-region.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Identify training requirements of team members, develop program to address knowledge gaps and implement training interventions for retail participants to ensure adequate knowledge of MTNN products.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- First degree in any related discipline
- Possession of a master’s degree may be advantageous
- Fluent in English
6 – 13 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialization; with experience in supervising/managing others.
- Experience working in a medium to large organization.
- Marketing management experience within the telecommunications, FMCG’s or ‘new age’ service industry.
Closing: 15 August 2023
Representative - Sales and Trade Development Aguata
To manage and develop trade infrastructure and the channels of distribution especially retailers to ensure MTN dominance at retail in the assigned territory.
- Confirm that sub dealers and dealer branches are contacted and stock receipt/movement verified.
- Provide informal training in shops on products, services and promotions being run by marketing, channel or region and on-the-spot training/coaching of all visited outlets in territory (100% of all visited outlets in call cycle)
- Manage events and promos, generate sub-dealer promo specifications and perform post-promo evaluation
- Provide weekly/monthly sales activity report and market intelligence report to field service engineers
- Monitor and report back on network quality and other sales impacting indices in territory covered
- Ensure call cycle time of 8 – 10 visits a day per territory or as business requires
- Identify, classify and support all players in channels of distribution and ensure weekly/monthly database update
- Ensure MTN product availability in channel is >95% at all times and provide weekly product availability report of all visited outlets during call cycles
- Direct all channel participants to MTN identified growth area within your territory
- Establish consistent channel standards including branding as per channel recommendation.
- Increase brand awareness – Signage, POS distribution and target 65% visibility in the channel of distribution (Trade marketing team will measure)
- Support all identified outlets with 100% merchandizing as appropriate and defined.
- Build relationship between lower and upper levels (i.e. authorized distributors and sub dealers), support trade partners and Sub dealers and link subs, retailers etc. to Trade Partners and help nurture the relationship
- Resolve all issues/queries with regards to activations, products and promotions.
Qualification and Requirement:
- First degree Preferably social sciences
- Fluent in English
- 1–3 years’ experience in an area of specialization, with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Sales and Marketing experience in a fast-moving consumer goods environment
Closing: 15 August 2023
Manager - Master Brand
- Develop and execute campaigns that drive brand preference and product adoption for MTN’s VAS/MFS and promotions.
- Manage the strategic framework for the development of VAS, MFS, and Promotional campaigns.
- Develop rollout plans and a route-to-market strategy for all promotional campaigns.
- Develop, execute, and manage brand equity and affinity-growing projects that deliver on volume and value, working with VAS and Proposition managers.
- Conceptualize consumer acquisition and usage increment promotions in conjunction with VAS managers to drive revenue and brand affinity.
- Leverage MTNF initiatives to enhance brand equity (develop a cause marketing advertising campaign with Corporate Services) through digital-related activities.
- Provide Brand support to other functions like HR, Network Group, IS, and CR.
- Supervise and manage all relevant advertising agencies.
- Manage the production of advertising creative materials, e.g., Outdoor, TV, press, and radio.
- To develop communication messages that will position MTN as the network of choice in the minds of individual customers and business entities, thereby achieving mental leadership in the adoption of products, services, and solutions.
- Strategic Management of all VAS proposition initiatives, National consumer promotions, and MFS initiatives to stimulate adoption amongst customers and business communities.
- Ensure prominent visibility of VAS promotions and MFS campaigns across the country, using both traditional and digital mediums of advertising.
- Manage the documentation and coordination of the creative agency. Documentation will include, but not be limited to, raising contracts, processing payments, resolving any issues, etc.
- Ensure compliance with the MTN brand CI rules across all branding materials, including POS materials, merchandising materials, etc.
- Ensure VAS, MFS, and National Consumer promotion campaigns are deployed effectively to deliver set business objectives to the brand.
- Formulating marketing communication strategies that contribute to effective brand building and product or service adoption
- Coordinate all Advertising and communication deployment for VAS, MFS, and promotions.
- Monitor key market indices as they affect brand preference, affinity, equity, revenue, and market share.
Qualification and Requirement:
- Tertiary qualification in marketing, economics, or any other social science
- An MBA will be an additional advantage
- A professional qualification from CIM or any other marketing related professional body
- Member of NIM (Nigerian Institute of Marketing)
- Fluent in English
6–13 years’ experience, which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialization, with experience in supervising or managing others
- Experience working in a medium- to large organization
- Experience in brand management in a marketing department or advertising
- Experience in Brand strategy, Positioning, and Communication strategy with broad knowledge of brand management
- Excellent Marketing communication skills, especially in the development of communication messages.
- Experience in stakeholder management and engagement
- Experience in the FMCG or telecommunications markets
Closing: 16 August 2023
General Manager - Corporate Affairs
- To formulate and manage a business-wide reputation management strategy that safeguards MTN’s integrity and image.
- To develop and sustain relationships with key advocates for MTN and to leverage influence for the benefit of MTN.
- Develop agency-wide corporate communications structures and systems that enable the effective dissemination and collation of information from stakeholders (including electronic mediums such as websites, periodic newsletters, newspapers, etc.).
- Oversee all aspects of the planning and execution of major corporate events and manage relations with a multitude of internal and external stakeholders to achieve related objectives.
- Develop high-level media briefing documents for senior management, including pre-briefing meetings and supporting management, when required, on external speaking platforms with a focus on media opportunities and managing and producing high-level presentations and speeches for CEOs and executives.
- Initiate and manage fresh communications platforms, including Interactive Web-Based Communication and Sustainability Report, developing systems and policies for capturing and sharing information about MTNN successes and activities.
- Provide technical leadership and advice in the formulation and development of corporate communications frameworks, policies, and guidelines and ensure compliance of operations with MTNN policies and procedures.
- Provide thought leadership and advice on the creation or adoption of a framework to integrate business analysis and planning into MTNN’s engagements and identify or create distinct competitive advantages for the organization through the strategic use of information.
- Develop platforms for critical stakeholder engagement, corporate communication, and information dissemination.
- Custodian of the MTN point of view and MTN’s chief chronicler of events and activities past and present.
- Manage corporate relationships with stakeholder groups, including external parties (the Media, Government Agencies, Corporate organizations, Vendors, etc.), internal clients, and general employee groups.
- Develop strategies and champion a customer-centric culture across the organization, and develop or reform relationships with MTNN’s internal and external customers to transform the MTNN’s revenue.
- Deliver business value through partnerships with MTNN’s Ecosystem partners.
- Partner effectively with MTNN’s critical, high-value customers to enhance MTN’s Corporate brand.
- Assess resource requirements for the department, develop a budget for the Corporate Affairs function, and regularly monitor the resources of the department, ensuring they are allocated and utilized in a cost-effective and financially disciplined manner and in line with budget provisions.
- Identify viable business opportunities and trends with strong supporting business cases imperative to outputs, strategic business, and industry-related research and analysis.
- Regularly monitor and review the resources of the department, ensuring they are allocated and utilized in a cost-effective and financially disciplined manner and in line with budget provisions.
- Coach and mentor, the Corporate Affairs team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of all related job requirements and accountabilities and leverage human resources career development programs for staff career development.
- Identify, evaluate, and track the development needs and performance of staff within the department, providing opportunities for staff to build on the company’s investment in their training and improve productivity.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Review business environment and develop Corporate Affairs approach /strategy as well as drive strategic and multi- steps platforms of communications to proactively engage internal and external stakeholders, developing dynamic communications strategies which align local requirements with Group communications objectives
- Leverage the arms of MTN’s CSR programme (MTN Foundation) to internal and external stakeholders through the social marketing initiative and the CSR charter respectively, developing strategies and a dynamic sponsorship criteria based on MTN business objectives.
- Support MTN’s chief spokesperson & represent MTN and its interests in partner organizations as directed by Executive Management.
Qualification and Requirement:
- First degree in a related field
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding personal carriage, influence, and authority
- Track record/Evidence of significant business & social network
- Fluent in English and the language of the country is preferable.
- Possession of an MBA or Masters will be advantageous.
Minimum of 12 years’ relevant or related experience, which includes:
- Senior management track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry as per relevant role
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise (understanding emerging markets advantageous)
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies
Closing: 16 August 2023
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by clicking on the buttons below;
Deadline: August 16, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.