The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) is a Federal agency in Nigeria charged with eliminating the growing, processing, manufacturing, selling, exporting, and trafficking of hard drugs. The agency was established by Decree Number 48 of 1989.
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) invites applications from suitably qualified Nigerians for enlistment into the Agency. The NDLEA recruitment 2023 portal is open to all applicants with a minimum of SSCE to university degree.
NDLEA Recruitment 2023 has commenced a massive recruitment exercise in which the portal is now open and applications will be accepted.
Table of Contents
Superintendent Cadre (General Duties or Specialists).
Assistant Superintendent of Narcotics CONPASS (08).
- Applicant must possess first Degree/HND in any discipline from a recognized institution of learning and NYSC Discharge Certificate/Exemption Certificate.
Assistant Superintendent of Narcotics (CONPASS 9).
- Applicant with LL.B, BL, B.Eng (with COREN), B.Pharm, etc, on successful completion of training shall be granted the rank of Assistant Superintendent of Narcotics I (CONPASS 9).
Deputy Superintendent of Narcotics (CONPASS 10).
- Applicant with MBBS or DVM on successful completion of training shall be granted the rank of Deputy Superintendent of Narcotics (CONPASS 10).
Narcotic Agent Cadre
Chief Narcotic Agent – CONPASS (07).
- Applicant must possess a Nigerian Certificate of Education, registered nurses and midwives, Pharmacy technicians, lab technicians, dental technicians, or its equivalent from a recognized institution of learning.
Senior Narcotic Agent – CONPASS (06).
- Applicant must possess a National Diploma (ND) or its equivalent from a recognized institution of learning.
Narcotic Agent – CONPASS (05)
- Applicant must possess 5 Credits in SSCE/GCE/NABTEB including English and Mathematics.
Narcotic Assistant Cadre.
Narcotic Assistant I – CONPASS (04)
- Applicant must possess at least 4 Credits in SSCE/GCE/NABTEB including Mathematics or English Language.
Narcotic Assistant II – CONPASS (03)
- Applicant must possess at least 3 credits in SSCE/GCE/NABTEB including Mathematics or English Language.
- Mechanics, Drivers, Cleaners/Gardeners
- Applicant must provide evidence of completion of secondary school or Trade Test Grade II or III.
STATUTORY REQUIREMENTS FOR NDLEA RECRUITMENT
- Applicants must be of Nigerian origin by birth and possess National Identity Number (NIN). Also, computer literacy shall be an added advantage for all cadres.
- Any certificate or qualification not declared or tendered and accepted at the time of recruitment cannot be presented subsequently for career progression in the Agency.
- Applicants must be medically fit and must produce a certificate of medical fitness from a government hospital.
- Applicants must not be less than 20 years or more than 35 years of age for the first category while the age limit for the second and third categories is 30 years and not less than 18 years at the point of entry. However, 40 years will be considered for Medical Doctors and Articulated Vehicle Drivers.
- Applicants’ height must not be less than 1.65 metres for male and 1.60 metres for female.
- Medical and Allied professionals must possess current practising licences while Lawyers must have been called to Bar.
- Applicants must be drug free and also be of good character and must not have been convicted of any criminal offence.
- Applicants must use their personal email address and phone numbers when submitting their applications online.
How to Apply for NDLEA Recruitment Portal 2023
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the NDLEA Recruitment Portal through the BUTTON below. (Application portal opens 12 of March, 2023).
Process of application:
- Click on Careers and read the instructions carefully. Then click on Apply Now to register.
- You will be redirected to a page for the categories (select from list of categories).
- Fill out the form and ensure all required documents listed below are uploaded:
(1) Passport Photograph.
(2) Educational Certificates.
(3) Certificate of State of Origin.
(4) Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age.
(5) National Identity Card.
(6) NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate.
- Applicants must print out their online generated slip on completion of their application.
- Successful candidates will be required to fill further vetting forms.
- All successful candidates will be subjected to random illicit drug use test throughout their service in the Agency.
- Only shortlisted applicants shall be invited for further examination and interview.
Note: Multiple applications would lead to disqualification.
Deadline: April 8, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.