KPMG Nigeria is a branch of KPMP’s global network of independent professional services firm with deep expertise in the provision of audit, tax and advisory services to clients in various industries and sectors of the economy.
The Firm is well represented in Nigeria and across the African continent, with the objective of providing exceptional and quality services to multinational, regional and local clients and to enhance the product offerings in certain previously under-serviced markets.
They seek applications from qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
Table of Contents
Lawyer, Quality and Risk Management
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 2 Years
Location: Lagos | Nigeria
- Provides adequate support to the Risk Management Unit in ensuring the firm’s risks are appropriately identified, monitored, mitigated, and where necessary, eliminated through the design and/or implementation of statutory compliance, control frameworks, policies and procedures.
- Specifically, the successful candidate will be responsible for handling of legal matters relating to the firm, including monitoring of the firm’s court cases, handling correspondence with external legal counsel and managing of the firm’s legal affairs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assistance with the establishment of effective and efficient compliance framework, policies and procedures.
- Assistance with the review of contracts / agreements / documents to ensure that the firm is properly protected and ensure compliance with the Firm’s standard business terms and conditions.
- Attendance at legal proceedings and providing regular court update on status of outstanding court matters.
- Representing the firm at meetings, taking minutes and proffering legal opinions.
- Assistance with the review the Firm’s prohibited investments list and monitor compliance in line with the Risk Management policy.
- Assist in conducting Risk Management and Independence Compliance reviews.
- Manage and administer the Risk Management databases and microweb.
- Deploy and monitor web-based training programmes for the Firm.
- Conduct research from appropriate sources/references in resolving risk management related queries.
- Attend to queries from engagement teams on Q&RM issues.
- Manage the various Q&RM functional email boxes.
- Any other Quality & Risk Management functions as may be assigned.
Qualifications & Competency:
- Knowledge of local and global Auditor’s Independence Rules such as SEC, IFAC Code of Ethics for Accountants and ICAN Regulations, will be an added advantage.
- Ability to think strategically and appreciate the systemic impact of various policies, issues and solutions.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and people management skills.
- Excellent problem analysis and solving skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Good networking and teaming skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Good appreciation and working knowledge of office Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Good professional appearance and attitude.
- Bachelors of Law degree from a reputable university with a minimum of second class upper (2:1).
- Certificate of Call to the Nigerian Bar with a minimum of second class upper (2:1)
- Qualified lawyer with minimum of two years Post-NYSC working experience
Manager, Accounting Advisory Services
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 7 Years
Location: Lagos | Nigeria
- Ensure internal engagement acceptance risk management procedures are complied with
- Manage multiple accounting advisory engagements
- Provide leadership and supervise multiple engagement teams concurrently
- Lead Accounting Advisory Services input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams
- People, project management and performance development of the team
- Review engagement deliverables
- Work with the Partners to ensure engagement quality assurance requirements are achieved
- Facilitate presentations at client meetings
- Perform client relationship management activities
- Ensure engagement financial management activities is optimized
Practice Management and Development:
- Attend and contribute during monthly management meetings
- Perform assigned unit administrative tasks
- Market KPMG’s capabilities and service Lines
- Prepare/review proposals in response to specific client requests
- Contribute to the development of periodic thought leadership publications
- Attend office-wide LOB meetings
- Mentor and monitor protégés’ performance
- Coach and train team members as well as new and experienced hires
Experience and Knowledge:
- Minimum of Seven (7) years of industry/or consulting experience working in an accounting/ finance-related position.
- Technical knowledge of IFRS
- Experience in managing teams or leading a function
- Experience working concurrently on multiple assignments
- Experience in training facilitation is an added advantage
- Knowledge of how leading finance functions are organised and managed
- Knowledge of finance function tools and technology requirements and functionalities
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences is required (minimum of second class upper)
- ICAN Certification or other related professional qualification
- Diploma in IFRS (or other IFRS related certification)
Skills and personal attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work collaboratively
- Able to find pragmatic solutions, seek improvements and adapt to changing situations
- Good and impactful presentation skills
- Good organisational abilities
- Able to present information, verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner, with excellent attention to detail
- Positive “can do” attitude and willingness to support others where needed
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent IT skills, with thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent information management skills and ability to develop and manage systems for recording and storing information and data
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, manage own workload and taking responsibility for achieving results
- Ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters, and be able to deliver difficult messages with diplomacy and tact
- Awareness of the principles of effective project management, risk mitigation, risk management and governance.
- Negotiating and influencing skills appropriate for the responsibilities
Method of Application:
Deadline: Not Specified