Download Nigeria Immigration Service Past Questions and Answers for the entrance exams so as to study and prepare ahead of the exams. The download is free and in PDF format.
Nigeria Immigration Service aptitude test examination will hold this year and past question papers are generated and compiled from different years of NIS examination papers.
The NIS exam is a computer-based test that usually contains questions that are based on Mathematics, English Language, and General paper.
There would be 25 English Language questions, 25 Mathematics questions, and 50 General paper questions; that’s a total of 100 questions in all. All questions are to be answered within 1 hour.
Basically, the Nigerian Immigration Service Aptitude Test is a Computer-Based Assessment (CBA) and is a multiple-choice question that is divided into different categories. Namely:
- Use of English
- Current Affairs
NIS Past Questions and Answers
We have created 40 questions for you to practice or you can proceed directly to download the Nigeria Immigration Service past questions and answers for free.
1) After many years of struggle as a trader, he struck gold
A. Became quite rich
B. Won a big contract
C. he became a gold miner
D. became a goldsmith
2) One significant character of the jet age is that it encourages people to cut corners
A. Not to face all problems
B. to want to become rich quickly
C. to want to avoid unnecessary hardships
D. forfeit the opportunity of further education.
3) The lady who won the beauty contest had a good gait
4) It would need a high flyer to make a first class degree in the university
A. A smart performer
B. an outright genius
C. an outstanding scholar
D. an unmitigated swat
5) What you will find in the book is a bird’s eye view of the subject
A. A detailed account
B. a balanced account
C. biased treatment
D. a general survey
6) Hers was a chequered career
A. An interesting and successful career
B. a career full of sorrow and tears
C. a bright and memorable career
D. a career full of ups and downs
7) If experience is anything to go by, this action will prove a political mine field
A. A source of political benefits
B. a way out of political trouble
C. a cause for political joy
D. an invitation to political problems
8) In my view, the play didn’t come off
C. attract applause
D. take place
9) When the chips are down, we will know those who have the courage to stand
A. when we get to a crisis point
B. in the final analysis
C. when the blocks are lowered
D. when we get to the end of the road
10) She said boxing is, in fact her pet aversion
A. something she likes very much
B. something she dislikes very much
C. a hobby she loves to pursue (d) one thing she can’t miss
11) The gateman does his work perfunctorily
A. without commitment
B. with speed
C. mother’s pet
D. father’s pet
12) Members of the panel were working at cross-purposes
B. in disunity
C. for selfish purposes
13) The young man who distributed political pamphlets on campus was promptly repudiated
14) Adayi is a die-hard criminal
A. hard to kill
B. hard to arrest
Fill each gap with most appropriate option from the list following the gap
15) In moments of serious economic hardship, many people are ______ to turn to God.
16) We cannot all wear expensive shoe in situation of __________
A. Diverent demand and supply
B. uneven wear and tear
C. different purchasing power
D. unpredictable national income
17) The centre – forward was _____________ consequently the goal was not allowed
A. In an offside position
B. very well positioned
C. brilliant player
D. the captain of the team
18) AIDS is ____ disease that kills slowly but surely
A. Too much a deadly
B. deadly a
C. so deadly
D. such deadly a
19) We had a dull evening because __________
A. Hardly the talk had begun when the lights went off
B. hardly had the talk begun when the light went off
C. the talk had hardly begun when the light had gone out
D. the lights had hardly gone out when the talk began
20) Soyinka’s masterful ___________ of the atmosphere of his childhood helped to make his book, Ake, an outright success
21) The NIS was brought out of the Nigerian Police Force (NPF) in
22) How many comptrollers general has the NIS gotten since the inception to date?
23) The present comptroller general of NIS is
A. Muhammed Babandede
B. Rose Chinyere Uzoma
C. Martin Kure Abeshi
D. David Parradang
24) Which of the following is the core duty of Nigeria Immigration?
A. Persecuting offenders
B. Enforcing of Laws
C. Issuance of all Nigerian travel document
D. Deporting of foreigners
25) The NIS was formally established by the act of parliament in
26) The first African country to introduce E-passport was
27) The first Secretary-General of Commonwealth was
A. George Washington
C. Arnold Smith
D. Joseph Garba
28) Lagos became a crown colony in
29) The first world war took place between
30) The western and eastern Nigeria became self-governed in
31) The probabilities that Kodjo and Adoga pass an examination are ¾ and 3/5 respectively. Find the probability of both boys failing the examination.
32) The mean of 20 observations in an experiment is 4. If the observed largest value is 23, Find the mean of the remaining observations.
33) A group of eleven people can speak either English or French or both. Seven can speak English and six can speak French. What is the probability that a person chosen at random can speak both English and French?
34) P (X n Y) is
35) P (X u Y) is
36) A box contains 2 white and 3 blue identical marbles. If two marbles are picked at Random, one after the other, without replacement, What is the probability of picking two marbles of different colours?
37) Mrs. Jones is expecting a baby. The probability that it will be a boy is ½ and the Probability that the baby will have blue eyes is ¼. What is the probability that she will have a Blue-eyed boy?
38) Convert the speed of 90 km per hour of a car to metres per second
A. 1.5 ms-1
B. 2.5 ms-1
C. 25 ms-1
D. 1.5 x 103ms-1
39) Uche and Chidi shared a sum of money on the ratio m:n. If Chidi’s share was N4,200.00, what was Uche’s share?
40) A husband contributes 7% of his income into a fund and his wife contributes 4% of her income. If the husband earns N5,500 per annum (p.a) and his wife earns N4,000 p.a, find the sum of their contribution
to the fund.
Download Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) Past Questions & Answers [Free PDF]
Click the button below to Download Free PDF Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment Past Questions and Answers