Nigeria NLG Limited, a global LNG company helping to build a better Nigeria, was incorporated as a limited liability company on 17th May 1989, to harness Nigeria’s vast natural gas resources and produce Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and Natural Gas Liquids (NGLs) for the domestic and export markets.
Working with Nigeria LNG Limited is an exciting way to advance your career through genuinely robust and finely calibrated learning experiences, even as we provide a world class, multiracial, multicultural environment where you can share your expertise with other professionals and see your achievements recognised and rewarded.
All Interested candidates are advised to go through the vacant position carefully and submit their applications appropriately before the deadline.
Job Grade: Shipboard Officer
Contract Type: Voyage Contract
- To provide assistance to the deck team onboard the ship and carryout all duties as prescribed by the master.
The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- The Third Officer understudies and assists the Second Officer. He/She must keep a navigational watch.
- During cargo operations, he/she will assist with cargo operations, stability, ballast operations, moorings and ship security during the period of his watch.
- He/She is responsible for the safety of all personnel working for him.
- He/She is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of all deck portable firefighting equipment and lifesaving appliances.
- He/She is responsible to the Master for the completion of records of on -board training.
- Where required shall act as nominated officer for the GMDSS station with responsibility for associated tests and records.
- He/She is responsible for the upkeep of the Recreational and Technical library.
- The Third Officer must carry out any lawful command and delegated duty as issued by the Master.
Qualifications and Requirements:
The right candidate should:
- Be a Nigerian seafarer
- Have a minimum of three months experience on a Gas Tanker, preferably LNG tanker
- Have a minimum of OOW Deck Certificate of Competency issued by a Maritime Agency approved by the Bermuda flag. (See link https://bsma.bm/seafarers/)
- Be 18 years of age or above.
- International Passport
- Seaman’s Discharge Book
- STCW Mandatories (PSSR, PST, Fire Fighting and Prevention)
- STCW Advanced certificates (PSCRB & Advanced Fire Fighting approved by Bermuda Flag)
- Yellow Fever Card
- Advanced Gas Tanker certificate
- Advanced Liquefied Gas Tanker Endorsement
- ECDIS certificate
- Efficient Deck Hands
- Gas Tanker Familiarisation
- Human Element and Leadership Management (Operational Level)
- NAEST (Operational Level)
- Medical First Aid
- Safety Officer Certificate
- Designated Security Duties
- Shipboard Security Officer.
- Sperry ECDIS Type-Specific
- Seafarer Medical Certificate approved by Bermuda flag.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Nigeria LNG Latest Job Recruitment” should click the APPLY HERE button below and start their application.
- Fill the online application form and upload your CV and other documents.
- Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
- Any false information provided during or after the application process will lead to an outright disqualification of such candidate(s).
Deadline: April 10, 2022
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
EDITOR’S NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not an affiliate of the employer’s company. We keep track of job information to serve you the latest opportunity available for Nigerians. Our services are free and independent. Our contact: email@example.com