Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) for the graduate trainee exams so as to study and prepare ahead. The download is free and in PDF format.
Application for the ExxonMobil Graduate Internship Programme 2022 is available for eligible candidates.
Basically, the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Test is a Computer-Based Assessment (CBA) and is a multiple-choice question that is divided into different categories. Namely:
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- QUANTITATIVE REASONING
During the aptitude test, you will encounter 120 questions which you are to complete in 120 minutes. This means you have 60 seconds to answer each question.
Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) past questions and answers
Here you will get relevant questions and answers which are more likely to come up again this year’s exams.
We have created 50 questions for you to practice.
1. Chapter is to book as color is to ——-
Explanation: A book is divided into chapters. A spectrum is divided into colors.
2. liability is to asset as expenditure is to ——-
Explanation : Liability and asset are opposites. Expenditure and income are opposites.
3. sculptor is to marble as painter is to ——-
Explanation : A sculptor works with marble. A painter works with canvas.
4. Hold is to hatch as room is to ——-
Explanation : A hatch is the entrance to a hold. A door is the entrance to a room.
Instruction: Identify the relationship between the word group in the question. Select the answer which fits best with the group.
5. Nile, amazon, rhine
Explanation: These are all rivers.
6. snake, lizard, tortoise
Explanation: These are all reptiles.
7. capricorn, aries, aquarius
Explanation: These are all signs of the zodiac.
8. ash, beech, elm
Explanation: These are all deciduous trees.
9. diamond, ruby, sapphire
Explanation: These are all gemstones.
Identify the relationship between the word pair in the question.
Select the answer where the word pair shown has the most similar relationship.
10. submerge : dip
A. Avoid : evade
B. Dismiss : ban
C. Plead : ask
D. Crave : covet
Explanation: To submerge is the extreme of to dip. To plead is the extreme of to ask
11. bulky : streamlined
A. Cluttered : neat
B. Sleek : fast
C. Bloated : sink
D. Light : massive
Explanation: If something is bulky, it cannot be streamlined. If it is cluttered it cannot be neat.
12. rook : chess
A. Cricket : ball
B. Chip : poker
C. Football : goal
D. Swing : golf
Explanation: A rook is used in a game of chess. A chip is used in a game of poker.
13. satchel : bag
A. Foot : shoe
B. Cup : mug
C. Hand : glove
D. Top : hat
Explanation : A satchel is a type of bag. A top hat is a type of hat.
14. cohesion : unity
A. Belief : denial
B. Dearth : scarcity
C. Fear : unknown
D. Death : famine
Explanation: Cohesion leads to unity. Dearth leads to scarcity.
15. Choose the word most nearly opposite in meaning to – heed
16. Choose the word most nearly opposite in meaning to – frustrate
17. Choose the word most nearly opposite in meaning to – abandon
18. Choose the word most nearly opposite in meaning to – mordant
19. Choose the word most nearly opposite in meaning to – dissonance
20. Choose the word most nearly opposite in meaning to – refute
21. All of the following are examples of input devices EXCEPT a:
22. Computers use the language to process data.
23. In the binary language each letter of the alphabet, each number and each special character is made up of a unique combination of:
A. eight bytes.
B. eight characters.
C. eight bits.
D. eight kilobytes.
24. Last year Jose sold a painting for $2000. If he made 25% profit on the sale, how much had he paid for the painting?
25. In the figure below, ABCD is a parallelogram. What is the value of y – z?
26. What is the perimeter of Triangle ABC?
27. What is the area of Triangle BED in the figure below were ABCD is a triangle?
28. In an office there was a small cash box. One day Ann took half of the money plus $1 more. Then Dan took half of the money plus $1 more. Stan then took the remaining $11. How many dollars were originally in the box?
29. Karen played a game several times. She received $5 every time she won and had to pay $2 every time she lost. If the ratio of the number of times she won to the number of times she lost was 3:2, and if she won a total of $66, how many times did she play the game?
30. Since 1950, when martin graduated from high school, he has gained 2 pounds every year. In 1980 he was 40% heavier than in 1950. What percent of his 1995 weight was his 1980 weight?
31. If seven students changed their specialization from family practice to paediatrics, approximately what fraction of students would then be specializing in paediatrics?
32. What is the approximate ratio of students specializing in sports medicine, emergency medicine and family practice?
33. One twelfth of the students who chose to specialize in family practice plan to work abroad. How many is this?
34. How many students decided to specialize in immunology?
‘Personnel’. Use this information to answer the following questions.
35. Approximately what percentage of Ace Marketing’s total business is accounted for by their three smallest clients?
36. Approximately what percentage of Ace Marketing’s total business is for Aardvark Cellular?
37. If flyers for Aardvark Cellular cost $150 per thousand. Approximately, how many thousand have been produced?
38. If Ace charges their clients cost price plus 20%, how much will they bill Aardvark Cellular for their website?
39. Approximately how much was spent by on brochures for Aardvark Cellular?
40. Approximately, what fraction of passengers who travelled in Q4 2005 flew to Berlin?
41. If I give you seven apples, you will then have five times as many as I would then have, however, if you give me seven apples, we will then both have the same number of apples. How many apples do we currently have?
A. I have 24 apples and you have 18 apples.
B. I have 10 apples and you have 32 apples.
C. I have 18 apples and you have 24 apples.
D. I have 14 apples and you have 28 apples.
E. I have 12 apples and you have 20 apples.
42. If it takes Seyi twenty minutes to boil an egg in 1.5 litres of water, how long will it take Ala who is 3 years older than Seyi to boil 4 eggs in 1.5 litres of water?
A. 10 minutes
B. 20 minutes
C. 25 minutes
D. 5 minutes
E. 80 minutes
43. Amakiri spent N125 for a camera and some film. The camera cost N100 more than the film. What percent of the cost of the two items did Amakiri spend for the camera?
44. How many two cent stamps are there in a dozen?
45. The price of garri rose by 40% last week and fell by 40% this week. What is the total rise or fall in Percentage?
46. The average weight of a class of 24 students is 36 years. When the weight of the teacher is also included, the average weight Increases by 1kg. What is the weight of the teacher?
47. Mr. Kalada is three times as old as his son. After fifteen years, Mr. Kalada will be twice as old as his son’s age at that time. Hence, Mr. Kalada’s present age is——–
48. What number comes next in this sequence? 917452, 97452, 9745, 975,?
49. There is a pole in a lake. One-half of the pole is in the ground, another one-third of it is covered by water, and 12 ft is out of the water. What is the total length of the pole in ft?
A. 12 ft
B. 34 ft
C. 56 ft
D. 64 ft
E. 72 ft
50. Boneri was 24 when his son Ibifuro was born. If Boneri is now 3 times as old as Ibifuro, how many years ago was Boneri 4 times as old as Ibifuro?
Take advantage of the first bank past questions and answers to prepare for this aptitude test, so that you will pass to the next stage of the recruitment