United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
UNICEF offers a range of challenging and exciting opportunities across its key functional areas of work. We offer an attractive remuneration package with competitive pay and benefits.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Planning & Monitoring Specialist at UNICEF
- The UNICEF Country Programme in Nigeria has the largest programme in the WCAR, and it continues to rapidly evolve and expand. Managing such Country Programme makes the planning, monitoring and evaluation needs more complex and demanding. These circumstances require strengthening of the monitoring function of the programme.
- This will ensure that the UNICEF Nigeria Country Office and national partners have useful, valid and reliable information on the situation of children and women and on the progress in realizing their rights as well as on the reduction of equity gaps within the country. It will also ensure a coordinated approach to the monitoring of the Country Programme implementation.
- UNICEF Kaduna Field Office, Nigeria, invites applications from highly motivated and committed persons who wants to contribute to results for children. If you are that person, we encourage you to apply and become part of a highly motivated and committed team.
How Can You Make a Difference?
- Under the overall guidance of the Chief, Planning and Monitoring (Management for Results) in Abuja and supervised by the Chief of the Kaduna Field office, the incumbent is accountable for the management and implementation of areas of responsibility under this post.
- The primary function of this post is to improve the innovative monitoring, collation and analysis of UNICEF programme results in the Nigeria Country Office, with particular focus on convergence and through use of technology, towards achievement of UNICEF’s organizational priorities and strategies at community, LGA, state and national levels.
- Improve the relevance, quality, availability and use of data and contextual information on children and women throughout UNICEF and externally.
- Support with coordination and dissemination at country level data on key social indicators, including through presentations, MICS, data dissemination platforms and report summaries, and promote its use in corporate planning, policy formulation, programme design, advocacy and flagship publications, and on the progress in realizing their rights as well as on the reduction of equity gaps within the country. It will also ensure a coordinated approach to the monitoring of the Country Programme implementation.
- Monitoring and tracking of programme results
- Programme Development and Management
- Development of innovative ways to manage and disseminate data
- Rights-Based and Results-Based Programme Management Approach
- National and Local Capacity Building/Sustainability
- Rights Perspective and Advocacy at the National, Community and Family Levels
- Partnership, Coordination and Collaboration.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- An Advanced University Degree in a Social Science field or other field related to the work of UNICEF.
- A minimum of five years of experience at national and international levels in programme/project planning; with significant experience in data dissemination/interpretation and data analysis in the sectors of concern to UNICEF and knowledge of new technical developments and software in data dissemination; and some experience in other areas of applied statistics.
- Professional technical expertise in data analysis and dissemination specifically related to UNICEF related indicators
- Well-developed computer skills including proficiency in data dissemination software (e.g. Devinfo)
- Proficiency in displaying data for use by government policy makers, partner organizations and general public.
- Developing country work experience is required.
- Exposure to emergency programming, including preparedness planning.
- Active involvement in a humanitarian crisis response programme required.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
For Every Child, You Demonstrate
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are:
- Nurtures, Leads and Manages People
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness
- Works Collaboratively with others
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships
- Innovates and Embraces Change
- Thinks and Acts Strategically
- Drives to achieve impactful results
- Manages ambiguity and complexity.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Planning & Monitoring Specialist at UNICEF” should click the APPLY HERE button below and start their application.
Deadline: Februry 28, 2022
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
EDITOR’S NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not an affiliate of the employer’s company. We keep track of job information to serve you the latest opportunity available for Nigerians. Our services are free and independent. Our contact: email@example.com