United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York.
From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
- Our ideal candidate must have knowledge of procurement and stock keeping. Must be analytical, pay attention to details, have good vendor relationship and management skill.
Job Objective (s)
- To manage the procurement of the bank items/stocks and ensure quality and prompt delivery of items.
- Ensure all fixed assets and non-fixed asset request are processed using accredited vendors of the bank.
- Ensure quality and delivery of resources within TAT.
- Ensure all requests are duly approved in line with the empowerment policy of the bank.
- Seek reliable vendors that can provides quality goods and services at reasonable prices.
- Ensure all purchases are within the budget thereby achieving cost savings.
- Adhere to quality procedures and standards and oversee purchasing administration such that all the bank’s policies and standards are upheld.
- Ensure a comprehensive system for allocating and reconciling purchase orders
- Compile accurate stock records, and maintain proper records of requisition and replenishment transactions.
- Maintain good working relationship with suppliers and vendors.
- Regular price revalidation and negotiation is carried out to ensure up to date pricing.
- An updated price schedule for various resources bought by the bank is maintained.
- Initiate the payment process after physical confirmation of the delivery of procured resources by vendors.
- Invite internal control to physically inspect procured items that have been delivered.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field.
- 2-3 years related experience.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Banking Operations, Policies and Procedures
- Expense Empowerment Policy
- Vendor Relationship Management
- Stock keeping techniques
- Interpersonal and Communication skills
- IT & Computer Appreciation
- Analytical skill
- Numerical Ability
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Procurement Officer at United Bank for Africa (UBA)” should click the APPLY HERE button below and start their application.
Deadline: March 14, 2022
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
EDITOR’S NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not an affiliate of the employer’s company. We keep track of job information to serve you the latest opportunity available for Nigerians. Our services are free and independent. Our contact: email@example.com