The World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health.
WHO acknowledges the need for a strong workforce to achieve the vision of improving the health and well-being of people everywhere. We offer an attractive remuneration package with competitive pay and you are eligible for 30 days of annual leave per year on a full-time basis.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Job vacancy at World Health Organization (WHO).
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Abuja | Nigeria. See other Jobs in Abuja
- Join this Group to receive Job Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Are you an Employer? Click HERE to Post A Job
- Country Management Support Units (CSU) have been established in the organisational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
Description of Duties
He/She supports Staff and consultants in the following specific tasks:
- Develop, monitor implementation and occasionally review transport standard operating procedures for daily maintenance, budgeting of all operating costs, vehicle replacement and address transport needs using the organization’s vehicles.
- Oversee daily 156 vehicle fleet management including drivers’ capacity development.
- Coordinate the provision of adequate and effective electronic communication in conformity to MOSS requirements and operational responsiveness in all areas including states under complex security situation with inadequate conventional communication facilities.
- Provide coordinated support to state offices for provision of reliable power supply, effective floor space office management, provide technical support for office renovation work and supervise coordination of office sharing agreements with UN partner sharing office space with WHO.
- Coordinate Office inventory activities.Participation in UN Operations Management Team (OMT) coordination activities for formulating policy and shared resources geared towards increasing value at the lowest possible cost.
- Advises the Head of WHO Country Office (WR) for an informed decision making on procurement transactions.
- Coordinates the preparation and submission of the procurement plans by the different clusters of the budget center.
- Prepares and monitors the implementation of procurement plan ensuring objectives and priorities are met and on track.
- Evaluates requests from the technical units and partners and advises for compliance with the organization rules and regulations.
- Administers procurement resources and ensures compliant and efficient use of standard operating procedures of procurement.
- Maintains the pre-qualified and assessed suppliers database.
- Maintains and monitors the overall activities of procurement, logistics, and contracting services for the office through the useof the GSM oracle system and other procurement tools including the Business Intelligence (BI); providing reports, data and statistics.
- Provides guidance on procurement, logistics, contracting services to managers and staff.
- Ensures smooth running of operations of procurement transactions including goods and services ordering and delivery.
- Maintains regular contact with the Regional Contracting and Procurement Service (CPS/AFRO) and make follow up of the Contract Review Committee (CRC) deliberations.
- Makes a follow up of the shipment of items ordered with the forwarding companies and liaises with local authorities for taxes exemption and for timely clearing of the goods items from the customs.
- Acts as the Secretary for the Local Procurement Committee. Analyzes and/or evaluates vendors performance, along with other designated staff members.
- Coordinate the staff and activities of the Travel Unit at the Country level and liaise with the travel agencies.
- Undertake travel arrangements for all WHO staff members embarking on international official travels and ensure follow-up actions with AFRO, HQ or other Agencies in facilitating the issuance of relevant traveling documentations including Travel Authorizations.
- Arrange visas for all WHO travelers so that they are able to attend meetings within the set dates and where the need arises, to arrange for visa at the point of entry.
- Keep updated addresses and telephone numbers for Hotels and carry out update of hotels in the country.
- Identify new hotels and negotiate concessionary rates for WHO staff and Consultants;
- Make hotel reservations for WHO staff members, family members, Consultants, participants at meetings and Government delegations on WHO missions in and outside the country.
- Maintains an up-dated list of Government Ministries and Agencies and their senior personnel collaborating with WHO, eg Consultants, NGOs, Diplomatic Missions and other International Agencies for the purpose of follow-up of communication.
- Manage and oversee all airport protocol and immigration matters. Undertake other administrative duties assigned from time to time.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Prompt Job Alert on WhatsApp
Qualifications and Requirements:
- First University Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Management, or related field.
- An Advanced University Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Management, post graduate training in operations management or related field.
- A minimum of five years’ experience, some of which in an international context, working in the area of procurement services, and logistics services for a programme
- Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning Oracle systems or similar packages.Relevant experience in the UN System and/or international organization.
- Ability to provide leadership, monitor progress and design studies
- Sound knowledge and skills in procurement and budget.
- Concrete skills in implementing operations of procurement services and processes.
- Excellent knowledge and ability to make travel arrangement at competitive costs.
- Good knowledge of the tourism and related industry.
- Ability to acquire sound knowledge of WHO rules, regulations and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people at various levels and of different nationalities.
- Sound skills in utilizing Enterprise Resource Planning Oracle systems or similar packages.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- WHO salaries for staff in the Professional category are calculated in US dollars. The remuneration for the above position comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 62,692 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable), a variable post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station, and currently amounts to USD 2649 per month for the duty station indicated above.
- Other benefits include 30 days of annual leave, allowances for dependent family members, home leave, and an education grant for dependent children.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- WHO has a mobility policy which can be found at the following link: http://www.who.int/employment/en/. Candidates appointed to an international post with WHO are subject to mobility and may be assigned to any activity or duty station of the Organization throughout the world.
- Applications from women and from nationals of non and underrepresented Member States are particularly encouraged.
- For WHO General Service staff who do not meet the minimum educational qualifications, please see e-Manual III.4.1, para 220.
Deadline: May 30, 2022
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.