The British High Commission (BHC) creates international opportunities for the people and builds trust between them worldwide.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the role of Programme Officer at British High Commission.
Table of Contents
Programme Officer, CSSF Migration - Maternity Cover
- Support the Programme Manager at post in the delivery of CSSF Migration’s Collaboration Against Trafficking and Smuggling between Nigeria and Niger programme (CATS).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide executive support to the Programme Manager, leading on the organisation of internal and external events, including arrangements for transportation, accommodation, refreshments as may be required
- Be the point of contact between the programme and the executive assistants to heads of beneficiary agencies in Nigeria and Niger
- Contribute to the drafting and regular review of high quality documentation including programme documents, contracts, financial reports, progress reports, budgets and annual reviews
- Regular liaison with CSSF migration secretariat in London
- Support communication activities in the CSSF programme, and across the missions in Nigeria and Niger, to promote and raise the profile of the UK in the region
- Support the programme manager in ensuring complementarity with other in-country and regional activities and funders, including liaising with bilateral and multilaterals donors and other diplomatic missions to ensure programme activity is complementary and not duplicative
- Financial management, ensuring that purchase orders and invoices are raised according to the budgets, contractual payment schedules, and published guidance
- Apply monitoring, evaluation, and learning principles to ensure that programme continues to deliver against its aims and achieves value for money through synergies and complementarity
- Monitor project activity to ensure that it delivers against gender mainstreaming targets
- Deputise for the Programme Manager, and represent the BHC, at external events with partners, beneficiaries, and other key stakeholders
- Normal working hours are from 8am to 4pm Monday to Thursday, and 8am to 1pm Friday
- The role offers the opportunity to work from home, with an expectation that you will spend at least 40% of your working week in the office
- Some regional travel to attend workshops and conference in Nigeria and West Africa may be required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Demonstrable experience of working with government officials and other stakeholders
- Strong communications skills (both written and oral)
- Computer literate, particularly a familiarity with the Microsoft suite of applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Ability to consider, and plan accordingly for, the wider positive and negative impacts of a particular programme or activity
- Demonstrable experience of handling sensitive information and high ethical and professional standards
- Language: English
- Level of language required: Excellent written and spoken English
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of working in a UK mission overseas
- Understanding of regional political, security, stability and resilience issues
- Awareness of project management concepts and a desire to
- Knowledge of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning concepts
- Seeing the Big Picture, Changing and Improving, Working Together
Learning and Development Opportunities
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to undergo CSSF Programme Management training in the UK, subject to availability
- Training on the new FCDO HERA system will be provided
- A wealth of professional and personal development opportunities are available from the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office Diplomatic Academy, local L&D Committee and e-learning programmes
- There may also be an opportunity to study for a recognised project management qualification.
USD 1,827.80 / Month.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: October 19, 2022
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.