Achieving food security for all is at the heart of FAO’s efforts – to make sure people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Programme Specialist at the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
Table of Contents
Programme and Liaison Specialist
- Build a network of collaboration with governmental and organizational counterparts to facilitate programme coordination and promotion;
- Develop and negotiate effective working relationships with international, regional and national stakeholders and promotes FAO positions and capacities in collaborative activities with external counterparts;
- Monitor and identify critical programme issues where FAO inputs/involvement is needed, and organize information flows from external collaborators to programme units;
- Facilitate mobilization of resources by supporting the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects, etc.;
- identify challenges and issues to be addressed and initiate corrective actions;
- Promote FAO positions and capacities in collaborative activities with external counterparts;
- Lead in preparation of concept notes and related documents/reports (work programme, programme budget, etc.).
- Develop and lead the implementation of a resource mobilization strategy for FAO Nigeria;
- In cooperation with senior technical colleagues, liaise with Government, UN Agencies, Private sector and humanitarian and development partners to mobilize project and programme resources;
- Liaise with resource partners and communications officer to organize donor field missions, meetings and updates;
- Work with technical units in FAO Nigeria and relevant divisions in HQ, Regional office and sub-regional office for West Africa to lead phases 1-3 of the Project Cycle including: identification, formulation, appraisal and approval;
- Ensure alignment of new projects with the Government humanitarian and development goals, the FAO Nigeria Country Programme Framework, FAO’s Strategic Objectives, and corporate Results-Based Management (RBM) and Project Cycle Management (PCM) guidelines;
- Develop and maintain an overview of the agriculture and food and nutrition security priorities for humanitarian and development, by existing and potentially new resource partners for FAO Nigeria;
- Maintain updated soft and hard pipeline databases, Project tracking and maintain an information database and update monitoring tools;
- Provide periodic oral and written updates at Management meetings, monthly donor and staff meetings and monitor (and provide alerts regarding) programme funding gaps;
- Serve as lead author for the preparation of briefs and leaflets regarding the FAO Nigeria programme;
- Strengthen capacities of national staff in Result Based Management; Project Cycle Management and regular tips on successful Resource mobilization;
- Liaise with FAO Technical units to ensure technical quality in project activities and donor reports;
- Participate in formulating regular progress reports, final reports, briefs and comprehensive reports for ongoing emergency/rehabilitation/development projects as well as correspondence with recipient governments and donors;
- Participate actively in the Food Security Sector as co-lead agency and in line with the principles of the Global Food Security Cluster and provide technical support as required, ensuring the follow up of the food, nutrition and agriculture situation in the country and the identification of priority interventions;
- Ensure the implementation of the IPC/Cadre Harmonize in Nigeria and represent FAO at national food security meetings and conferences and advocate for best practices;
- Perform other related duties as required;
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Advanced university degree in International Relations, Public Relations, Political Science, and International Cooperation for Development, Development Economics or a related field;
- 3 years relevant experience in partnership building, fundraising, negotiations, public relations / advocacy, preferably in the areas of food and agriculture;
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of French or of one of the other FAO official languages.
FAO Core Competencies:
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills;
- Readiness to carry out visits to project sites and duty travel as required;
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in emergency situations with tight deadlines;
- Experience in a liaison function;
- Excellent team-building and cross-cultural skills;
- Thorough knowledge of FAO’s PCM guidelines and requirements;
- Sound knowledge of FAO’s procedures and guidelines; and
- High level of proficiency with ERPs used by FAO.
- Strong overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.);
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Programme Specialist at the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations” should click the APPLY HERE button below.
- Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
- People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and / or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
- Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency
- FAO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing)
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU / UNESCO list
- If you are in possession of language certificate’s from UN accredited external providers and / or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT), please attach the certificate’s when submitting the application.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline
Deadline: Not Specified
Have any questions? – Click HERE to let us know and we will be glad to help.
Share your story with us: SMS: +2347064212243, WhatsApp: +2349014058640, Email: email@example.com