Jhpiego Nigeria – We’re one of the most gender-equal organizations in global health, and our staff from country to country reflect the myriad cultural and racial diversity of the populations we serve.
We believe that each country knows best how to help its people and achieve its goals. We listen, and we support their efforts by sharing the most up-to-date knowledge and technology that helps them lead for generations to come.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Receptionist at Jhpiego Nigeria
Table of Contents
Receptionist (Maternity Cover)
- The Front Desk Assistant will be responsible for maintaining the Jhpiego reception / front office including ensuring cleanliness, functioning phone system, maintaining telephone contact information, and ensuring prompt and timely assistance to all visitors and vendors
- As the first contact for the organization’s visitors, the Front Desk Assistant is expected to be professional, courteous, smart, prompt and pleasant
- The Front Desk Assistant will also assist with other front office functions like sending / receiving couriers, ensuring mail is picked from the post office and other office support tasks as needed.
- Provide support to Jhpiego staff in the office and ensure efficient and prompt operation of the reception and front office in general.
- Manage the PABX / Intercom system and ensuring that all PABX problems are reported promptly to Admin.
- Maintain incoming and outgoing mail register to manage all incoming and outgoing correspondences.
- Maintain and manage Invoice Register for both Country Office invoices and State offices invoices
- Receive all invoices, document and send invoices to Admin.
- Issue and receive vehicle request form and forward request to Admin for processing.
- Maintain telephone contact list with phone contact information for all Jhpiego partners, stakeholders and others associated with the program.
- Ensure that the reception area is clean and promptly receive and assist visitors.
- Ensure that all in-coming mail and deliveries (documents such as proposals, invoices etc.) are correctly distributed and in a timely manner. Ensure that all Abuja and International out-going mail is correctly addressed, recorded and all mails (Abuja and international) are sent out on time and collected promptly by courier company staff.
- Ensure that all visitors to Jhpiego from Baltimore and other/overseas country offices receive the guest cell phone for use while in country. Jhpiego Nigeria office staff contacts should be given to the guest for easy access
- S/he should also ensure that all these staff numbers are keyed in the cell phone
- S/he should then ensure the cell phone including all its accessories are returned before the guest departs.
- Responsible for conference room booking and setting up and other logistics prior to meetings/training events.
- Report First Aid Box information to the Admin Manager for necessary action.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Secretariat Studies, Business Management and related profession.
- 1 – 2 years experience
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Previous experience as a Front Desk Officer is added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working in a busy office within the private sector especially with an international organization
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to operate and use a PABX phone system
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Receptionist at Jhpiego Nigeria” should send their updated CV to: email@example.com using “Receptionist (Maternity Cover)” as the subject of the mail. (Tip: Learn how to write a Professional CV)
- CV and Cover Letter as a Single Word document
- The title / subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline: September 18, 2020
Have any questions? – Click HERE to let us know and we will be glad to help.
Share your story with us: SMS: +2347064212243, WhatsApp: +2349014058640, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org