Unilever – We create, market and distribute the products that people choose to feed their families and keep themselves and their homes clean and fresh.
Our brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we’ve grown into one of the world’s most successful consumer goods companies.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Recruitment at Unilever Nigeria Plc.
ekaterra is made up of a special blend of individuals which make our teams exciting and diverse. To be part of our blend we are looking for individuals who think Green and are environmentally conscious, who understand the power of simplicity and who are accountable for their actions. We want those who infuse mastery and passion in everything they do to create great products and unforgettable experiences for our consumers.
As a HR Generalist, you are at the heart of the end-to-end delivery of all people related activities and processes across Africa. You are hands-on and bring to the team strong operational excellence in executing best in class Employee/Industrial relations, resourcing, capability building and HR operations.
Your Key Tasks:
- You are the curator of culture in your market and responsible for driving initiatives that keep employees engaged and improve the overall employee experience.
- As the first point of contact for employees in your local market, you deliver front line HR support to the business and ensure HR delivery is fully aligned to business goals.
- You act as a coach to Line managers on talent management, reward management, performance management, engagement/culture and employee relations.
- You ensure resolution of local ER/IR issues (including Payroll errors, Payroll rejects, grievances, disciplinary, dispute resolutions, absence, retirement, and redundancy).
- You are responsible for the management and successful running of the monthly payroll in your market. Collaborating both internally and externally to ensure employees are paid accurately, on time.
- You ensure ekaterra’s compliance with local legislation by maintaining relationships with the relevant bodies, representing at local sessions, and maintaining relevant records.
- You ensure ekaterra’s HR data accuracy by liaising with the HR Shared service center on data management activities (Position management, data cleansing, reporting lines, etc.)
- You support line managers with their recruitment process needs (Job requisition, selection process, offer) along with pre-onboarding and onboarding activities to create a lasting experience for new joiners.
- You support the talent management strategy and work with your regional HR team on performance management and career development plans.
- You activate and execute the performance management cycle in line with the global timelines.
- You co-create and activate the career development plans for your local market.
- You support line managers in executing reward strategy/guidelines as required as well as the development and execution of training plans to build the capacity of the talent pool.
- You ensure the employer branding strategy is implemented according to the local strategy.
- You will be required to lead/support ad hoc projects related to ekaterra’s separation from Unilever and setting up ekaterra as a successful independent organisation.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- You have a minimum of 3-years of HR Generalist experience including employee/labour relations, recruitment, reward and benefits administration
- Good knowledge of local employment/labour laws
- Working knowledge of HRIS systems
- Good administrative, negotiation and influencing skills
- Project management experience would be advantageous
Who we are looking for:
- Fluent in English
- Strong communication skills
- Meticulous, attention to detail
- Driven, results oriented with great passion for tea!
- Pro-active, energized, and positive
- Collaborative, team player
- Personal Mastery
Excited about the Role?
Please apply online. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements, and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
ekaterra is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. We are interested in every individual bringing their whole self to work and this includes you! Therefore, if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Recruitment at Unilever Nigeria Plc.” should click the APPLY HERE button below and start their application.
Deadline: Not Specified
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
EDITOR’S NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not an affiliate of the employer’s company. We keep track of job information to serve you the latest opportunity available for Nigerians. Our services are free and independent. Our contact: email@example.com