Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
The Supply Chain Specialist – RtP position is a key member of the Ikeja-based Supply Chain Ops SNBO team supporting Shell Companies in Nigeria (SCiN). As an individual contributor, you are responsible to liaise and collaborate with various levels of stakeholders to address inquiries, resolve issues on a timely manner and establish preventive action plans moving forward.
What’s the role?
You will be responsible for the efficient and timely processing of demands/requests to Purchase Requisitions and/or Service Entries in support of the assigned Shell business entities and region. You will also conduct data analysis and presentation to support the Operations Manager/Line Manager, Operations Excellence (OE) team or other relevant group to conduct deep-dive Key Performance Indicators (KPI) analysis on a regular basis to drive CI (Continuous Improvement) mindset especially in the areas of automation and/or POT (Payment on Time) delivery.
Your further accountabilities will include:
- Position will be performing activities such as creation and amendment of Purchase Requisition and/or Service Entry.
- Act as a first point of contact of the end users within the scope.
- Work and engage closely with AP (Accounts Payable), business stakeholders, vendors (if applicable) and relevant team member to resolve outstanding issues on invoices.
- Support and drive issue analysis to identify gaps and emerging issues in processes and procedures where KPI targets are concern.
- Perform assigned ERP/SAP Super User Role. (address “how to” questions, perform training and testing to support the process and IT related change activities in area of responsibility, raise enhancement requests and participate in the review together with the process experts).
- Perform other roles within the scope of the process and/or departmental/SNBO initiatives as assigned and agreed with the Line Manager. (ex. CI Projects, Focal in Visual Management Board or KPI Analysis, Emergency Response Team etc.).
- Collaborate with end-users to ensure their requisitions are fulfilled in a timely, efficient and accurate manner.
- Assist Accounts Payables in the resolution of procurement issues associated with vendor invoices.
- Work closely with Business Stakeholders, Accounts Payable and RtP Analysts and ensure vendors are paid timely.
- Identify and resolve non-compliant activities through awareness, training and escalation and working with the business stakeholders, Finance and Accounts Payable to resolve POT issues.
- Identified Process Experts and first point of contact for complex queries and requests.
- Provide back-up support to other team members.
Qualifications and Requirements:
What we need from you?
We’re keen to hear from individuals with preferably minimum of 2 years of working experience in Requisition-to-Pay (RtP) processes. Alongside this, we’d hope to see the following on your CV:
- Knowledge of RtP processes and ERP (SAP) System functionality.
- Understand the high-level Requisition-to-Pay (RtP) policies, processes, systems.
- Understand the correct procurement system and channel per spend category and advise the business.
- Understand the key interfaces and interdependencies between Contracting and Procurement (CP) processes, controls and systems and those of other Shell departments such as Finance, Projects, etc. and external partners.
- Awareness of the Manual of Authority, i.e. can describe who can commit money on behalf of Shell and understand Shell’s governance/contract signatory process and where this ties in to the RtP process and systems.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Experience in programming and coding is an advantage
Senior Cost Estimator
- To deliver and maintain standard, consistent, and realistic cost estimates reflecting the assessed risk parameters for each project. Accountabilities are the following:
- Methodologies and tools for Cost Estimates- Utilize cost methodologies and tools to produce cost estimates inclusive of engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and start-up scope and costs. Incorporate project complexity factors into project estimates and assemble key input data such as project objectives, scope and execution plan. Formulate methodologies for deriving quantities from design parameters. Perform scenario comparisons and uncertainty analysis and sensitivities on cost estimates, reflecting analysis of project risks. Support reviews and assurance of cost estimates. Benchmark against historical performance, industry norms and established KPIs.
- Assess prospect scope and main components to develop consistent building block estimates (Type 0-2) for each concept under consideration.
- Translate the identified project scope and engineering deliverables into the estimate of capital expenditure costs composed of detailed MTOs matched with detailed pricing and construction unit hours (Type-3). Identify areas of uncertainty and apply appropriate allowances.
- Support Development of detailed project cost forecasts (Type-4). Incorporation of project actuals to date and detailed MTOs matched with detailed pricing and construction unit hours for to-go costs.
- Develop Estimate Plan detailing how the estimate will be developed.
- Develop Estimate Basis to document how estimate was developed.
- Manage Estimating Data- Support process to collect actual cost performance, condition and normalize data for future use, develop metrics and benchmarking information. Support process to store Estimate files in a consistent, secure location.
- Utilize Technical, Economical, Commercial, Organizational & Political (TECOP) profile to establish appropriate deterministic cost contingency.
- Perform probabilistic cost risk analysis.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Engineering or Quantity Surveying Degree and/or Certification as a Cost Estimator or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 8 years industry experience including lead estimator positions.
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Fully versed with Cost Estimating principles, techniques and industry standard tools.
- Good understanding of all phases of the project delivery process.
- Experience in Oil and Gas industry is preferred but not a must.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Shell Petroleum Development Company Graduate Recruitment” should click the button below and start their application.
Deadline: Not Specified
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.