The Dangote Group is one of the most diversified business conglomerates in Africa with a hard-earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
Today, Dangote Group is a multi-billion Naira company poised to reach new heights, in every endeavour competing with itself to better the past. The Group’s core business focus is to provide local, value added products and services that meet the ‘basic needs’ of the populace.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Tax Specialist at Dangote Group
The role reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and is responsible for tax accounting, tax relationship management as well as tax and transfer pricing compliance for the company.
To functionally report to the Group Head, Strategic Tax & Compliance at the Corporate Centre on technical tax matters.
I. Tax planning and advisory
- Responsible to legally minimize tax liabilities through the informed application of tax laws and regulations.
- Provide internal tax advisory services and support on business operation matters to the company.
- Liaise with other departments for the implementation of the company’s tax planning arrangements.
- Provide advisory and support on personal income tax matters of the company’s employees.
II. Tax compliance management
- Ensure compliance with local and international tax regulations as they apply to the company’s business.
- Manage routine tax compliance for the company’s transactions and reporting.
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of all corporate and personnel income tax returns.
- Review intercompany transactions and disclosures of the company to ensure compliance with transfer pricing disclosure requirements, and other relevant regulations.
III. Tax risk management
- Establish appropriate systems or processes for tax risk management for the company.
- Act as the key point of contact and support for the company’s tax and transfer pricing matters.
- Liaise with tax authorities and manage tax audits initiated on the company.
- Manage relationships with external tax consultants, legal advisers, and tax authorities at federal, state, and local levels.
IV. Tax accounting and reporting
- Provide all necessary monthly, quarterly and annual tax reports as may be required.
- Provide tax input for the company’s Monthly Performance Review (MPR) sessions.
- Review current and deferred tax provisions for the purpose of statutory audit of the company.
- Review the tax provision accounts for disclosure in the audited financial statements in line with IFRS (IAS 12) standards.
- Review any report on quantification of uncertain tax positions of the company in line with IFRS (IFRIC 23) standards provided by the Financial Reporting team.
V. Reporting responsibilities to the Group Tax Function
- Liaise with the Corporate Centre Tax function on the taxation aspects of the company’s business initiatives.
- Deliver timely, accurate, and reliable data to the Corporate Centre Tax function for group tax reporting purposes.
- Carry out any other responsibilities as may be assigned by the CFO.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Meticulous and possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Possess good business acumen and highly adaptive.
- Mature, proactive, resourceful, and hands-on with good initiative.
- Independent worker who can make an informed decision.
- Fast worker with the ability to work well under stress.
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement and a drive to achieve both short-term and long-term results.
- Prior experience in tax strategy implementation, planning support, and project management will be advantageous.
Qualifications and Requirements:
A preferred candidate must meet the following requirements:
- BSc Accounting (or related discipline)
- Minimum 5 years tax experience in an accounting or tax practice firm and/or Multinational Company handling corporate tax and transfer pricing.
- Chartered accountant (with ACA or ACCA qualification)
- Chartered Taxation professional (with ACTI qualification)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and customer-focused approach
- Technically strong with solid knowledge and experience in Nigerian tax laws.
- Has good knowledge of International taxation laws and regulations.
- Experience with an ERP system. (SAP experience is an added advantage)
- Experience of GAAP highly desirable