The World Bank Group is the biggest multilateral funder of climate investments in developing countries. It is the largest and best-known development bank in the world and an observer at the United Nations Development Group.
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
Applications are currently invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the position of a team assistant at World Bank Group.
- The World Bank, a leading multi-lateral institution in global economic development, is looking for a highly organized, energized and experienced person capable of operating effectively in a very demanding fast-paced environment to serve as a Team Assistant.
- The Team Assistant will be under direct supervision of the Operations Manager (OM) who is responsible for her/his technical and professional development and performance evaluation.
- The Team Assistant is an integral part of the Nigeria Country Office Administrative and Client Support (ACS) team.
- (S)He will provide Administrative and client support to the Operational Staff who lead preparation of lending projects, supervise project implementation, and provide advisory services.
- The job requires frequent interaction with other institutional units with the World Bank, staff in other locations (locally and internationally), Government officials, consultants, and external organizations.
Roles and Resonsibilities
- The overall purpose of the assignment is to provide administrative, logistical and operational support to the World Bank Nigeria Country Office.
- The role of ACS is to provide support to task teams undertaking preparation and implementation of World Bank projects and advisory activities The main functions include but are not limited to:
- Draft routine correspondence (standard letters, memos, emails, etc.) using proper grammar, punctuation, and style and with a high level of attention to detail and liaise with the Country Management Unit to have correspondence signed.
- Keep records of team activities including attendance at meetings, contact databases and minutes of meetings and distribute according to standard procedures.
- Use desktop processing skills to assist task teams to produce and edit complex texts, reports, presentations, charts, figures, graphs, etc., incorporate agreed comments into documents and provide assistance in editing large documents, making full use of shared drives and software capabilities
- Maintain up-to-date divisional project files using World Bank internal systems, ensure project documents are filed promptly, and retrieve data from various sources and compile these for use by the task team.
Budgeting and expenditure management:
- Track and report on the use of task team budgets and process expenses using internal World Bank systems.
- Manage procurement of firms hired to support task teams in accordance with World Bank corporate procurement guidelines.
- Manage the hiring, accountability and payment of short-term consultants on behalf of task team leaders.
Mission and operational support:
- Support task teams to undertake virtual and face-to-face missions, including scheduling, liaison with clients, CMU, Security and Transport teams to make logistic arrangements for missions.
- Provide logistic support to staff from headquarters travelling to Nigeria on mission.
- Manage mission travel arrangements on behalf of task teams and short-term consultants.
- Collect and input data collected during missions by task team members and use this to manage communications with project stakeholders and produce written inputs into project reporting.
- Prepare accurate inputs to mission reporting and prepare basic operational documents using the World Bank’s internal operational processing system
- Act as the first point of contact for client project implementing units on different aspects of standard project processing such as set up of accounting arrangements, submission of procurement plans, submission of withdrawal applications and interim financial reports, preparation of annual audits.
- Support client project implementing units to troubleshoot use of World Bank applications, including coordinating with service units and liaise frequently with team members both in Washington and in the Country Office.
- Answer internal and external queries on the assigned portfolio or, as necessary, take accurate and comprehensive telephone and email messages, and route them to appropriate persons to handle.
- Maintain current contact and distribution lists, phone/address lists of project/product contacts.
Time and event management:
- Organize corporate meetings on behalf of the task team, including liaison with Country management Unit and others on scheduling, circulating materials for decision in accordance with Bank procedures, managing attendance and arranging logistics.
- Organize complex events including launches, workshops, and other events including timely distribution of invitations, catering, audio-visual equipment, room set up and participant supplies.
- Co-ordinate time management and schedules for task teams, taking current and future priorities into account, anticipate and monitor changes, and communicate information.
- Track assigned tasks/project steps/ timetables using modern office management technologies, coordinate with relevant staff, provide assistance and/or information on project-related matters.
- Serve as a back-up to other staff and Task Team Assistants on project and administrative tasks.
- Occasionally perform Analytical tasks as may be requested by the Team Leader
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Fluent in Verbal and Written English
- Skilled in Outlook, MS Word, Excel, and Web Search
- Previous experience with a multilateral/bilateral organization is an advantage
- Demonstrated experience providing administrative, logistics or finance support to a team responsible for a project, or to an executive, including the ability to draft correspondence and other documents using proper punctuation, grammar and style.
- Ability to work within institutional guidelines and procedures, with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities, able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously; capacity to follow up systematically, efficiently, and proactively on a broad set of initiatives and decisions.
- Ability to work tactfully and effectively with a wide range of stakeholders in private sector and government, exhibiting strong client-orientation, excellent communication skills and a high standard of personal accountability.
- Quick learner and self-starter able to work independently with minimal supervision, demonstrated use of initiative and ability to make appropriate linkages in work requirements and anticipate next steps; and to follow through on team priorities in the absence of the team leader and respond to requests for information
- Advanced proficiency in excel, MS word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Technology and systems knowledge – Demonstrate advanced knowledge and experience working with Microsoft office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.). Has ability and willingness to maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Project and task management – Exhibit good organizational, problem-solving, analytical skills and ability to work competently with minimal supervision. Demonstrate attention to detail and quality. Has ability to manage multiple tasks and complete tasks within agreed schedule.
- Institutional policies, processes, and procedures – Demonstrate knowledge of own department’s programs and products, know key players, understand own role. Display understanding of WB policies and procedures relevant to the area of assigned responsibilities and is able to apply/ implement them.
- Versatility and adaptability – Demonstrate flexibility and is receptive to the implementation of new solutions. Is willing to stretch own capability. Demonstrate motivation to avail and adapt oneself to effecting change.
- Client Orientation – Exhibit good communication skills, positive and professional client service attitude; is able to understand clients’ needs and complete them professionally.
- Learning, knowledge sharing and communication – Good English language skills (verbal and written) Able to write clearly, edit and proofread draft communications. Able to learn and share knowledge/information across the unit.
- Business judgment and analytical decision making – Able to manage information and support retention and disposition of information and records. Can search, report, and deliver basic information from various sources and independently respond to basic inquiries.
- Drive for Results – Able to take personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so.
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Collaborate with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below
Deadline: April 7, 2022
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 070624212243 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.