UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system, which focused exclusively on gender equality and women’s empowerment.
The main roles of UN Women are: To support inter-governmental bodies, such as the Commission on the Status of Women, in their formulation of policies, global standards and norms. To help Member States to implement these standards, standing ready to provide suitable technical and financial support to those countries that request it, and to forge effective partnerships with civil society.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for UN Women Graduate Internship Program 2022.
The intern will work with the Communications Unit to implement the communications strategy for the country office and ensure enhanced visibility, effective communication of results and successes, and strengthened corporate communications partnerships.
Under the overall supervision of the National Communications Officer, the intern’s task will include, but not be limited to:
- Provide support for communications support for programmes, including international day celebrations
- Develop success stories (feature stories, web articles) that capture UN Women’s impact and successes
- Carry our creative writing, copy writing and editing tasks
- Document important programmes in audio-visual materials – photos and videos
- Create eye-catching infographics, charts and diagrams that convey important information
- Design and typeset publications, including factsheets, newsletters, bulletins, cases studies, overviews, and lessons learned documents
- Design branded materials for visibility, including backdrop banners, pull-ups, media walls, t-shirts, etc.
- Develop captivating and compelling social media assets for social media platforms
- Support posting of approved content on social media and the official website
- Provide communications support for programmes, including international day celebrations
- The purpose of the Internship Programme is to provide students, individuals who are enrolled in a mandatory national service programme, and recent graduates from diverse academic backgrounds exposure to working with gender equality issues and a first-hand experience with the day-to-day working environment of UN Women. Under this internship, the intern will have more understanding of the WPS, WPE and WEE Agenda in Nigeria and will be expected to produce an internship report at the end of the Internship programme. Where possible, UN Women will ensure interns can participate in topics which are of particular interest to them.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field
- Advanced skills in Adobe Suite, particularly, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effect, and InDesign
- Advanced skills in Microsoft word, excel, e-mail, web-based applications and databases.
- Knowledge of UN Women/UNDP rules and procedures is an advantage Meet one of the following:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher)
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent)
- Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation; or
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program which is part of a degree programme and undertake the internship as part of the program requirements
- Be enrolled in a mandatory national service programme of which the internship may form a part.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English are required.
- Working knowledge of another UN language is an advantage
- Interns who are not in receipt of financial support from other sources such as universities or other institutions will receive a stipend from UN Women to partially subsidize their basic living costs for the duration of the internship.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: December 6, 2022
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.