Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-center of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million.
The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services. We are currently recruiting qualified and interested candidates for the position of Business Analyst.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Vacancies at Airtel Nigeria
Assistant Manager - Transmission Network Planning (Microwave)
- This role holder will support network unit to do planning and providing technical solutions for connecting cell sites and enterprise customer locations.
- This person will be interacting with the Partners’ teams’ very extensively. Robust, flexible and state of art fiber and microwave transmission network planning & delivery is the essence of the role.
- Study the new site’s requirements and prepare connectivity plan.
- Take inputs for BTS site’s expansion from the RF team and prepare expansion of transmission links / network.
- Analyse monthly and correct any frequency interference cases as & when reported or noticed.
- Preparation of AOP & budget for capex and opex for transmission network. This should include expansion of existing network and planning of new routes as well.
- IP Network including IPRAN design & Planning
- Last mile, access & backbone network Design & planning including link engineering. Validation of LOS reports and ATP documents. Preparation of feasibility reports as required from time to time. Carry out sample checks for LOS reports and ATP documents.
- BoQ preparations & validation
- Preparing RFP & Technical specifications
- Close interactions with internal departments like Supply Chain, Finance, deployment, and operations.
- Bandwidth and capacity planning & management. Monthly monitoring of traffic, utilization and keep optimizing the links to ensure each links have sufficient capacity to carry traffic.
- Adherence to the local regulatory requirements wrt frequency spectrum usage.
- Project Plan preparations, progress monitoring and tracking for Fiber projects
- Day to day monitoring of KPIs of transmission network to ensure that the reliability is as good as it was planned.
- MIS for senior management
- Regular meetings with partners.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Electronics & Communication
- 5 – 7 years relevant experience in planning of transmission networks domain
- Appreciable knowledge of Transmission of Mobile & Enterprise Network – Planning.
Skills & Competencies:
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- Logical decision making abilities
- Flexible and dedicated
- Ability to innovate and deliver value to business
- Ability to manage an outsourcing partner to effectively deliver on SLAs
- Impeccable integrity and character
Lead, Site Deployment
- This role holder will Plan, Direct and Deploy all Identified Network Projects and Programs to ensure High Speed of Time to Market.
- This role must guarantee synergy, effective and efficient resource utilization, cost optimization and Return on investments to deliver on Business goals and +1 Network experience.
- Ensure the speed to market exceeds competition and first time right (FTR) of all RAN deployment.
- Track the rollout of sites in ZTE/Huawei/Nokia area and all expansions from budget approvals to site integration and acceptance.
- Ensure proper installation of RAN equipment in accordance with OEM specification and provided installation manual and all required documentation is shared by the OEM.
- Work closely with the team at various low level task, coordinate all internal and external dependency for smooth deployment.
- Determine and Manage strict timelines and quality delivery with the OEMs.
- Create Project Tracking Systems and ensure the central repository for all site rollout projects and information is maintained with continual improvements.
- Support with resource plan and forecast including own resources, subcontractor needs and tools required for seamless rollout.
- Evaluate all Service Level agreements, partner with all stakeholders to achieve positive customer experience and optimize costs
- Output daily/weekly report including progress/status/issues and partner performance evaluation for site and expansion projects.
- Work closely with Head of Deployment to track closely project milestones to ensure seamless delivery.
- Responsible for collating and analyzing data from the PMs and flagging SLA violations on site rollout projects to the Head of Deployment to ensure swift intervention.
- Responsible for providing regular reports on PM and Partner performance.
- Provide plans and Set up process of Increasing network coverage in strategic revenue generating locations
- Determine and Manage strict timelines and quality delivery in a multi-vendor environment with ZTE, Nokia & Huawei.
- Work closely with planning to review BOQ for new site rollout and expansion projects.
- Propose and review Roll out of sites and expansion as per network priorities by collaborating with commercial for the identification of new areas and deployment of the network.
- Establish departmental process to align to PMI process for site rollout, expansions and enforce strict adherence.
- Ensure Management of CWIP (Capital work in Progress) to deliver equipment within 3-6 months of delivery to the warehouse.
- Ensure all necessary documentation for regulatory compliance is adequate and readily available
- Ensure all statutory permissions required for deployment have been approved and documented.
- Provide support and ensure effective process of management of Service Provider and Infrastructure vendors.
- Establish procedure for Improving rollout and maintenance vendor and subcontractor performance to ensure regular follow-up and objective measurements.
- Developing a win-win relationship by setting common goals and objectives.
- Ensure and monitor timely release of site request (SR) and Service Order with Tower Company and SP
- Provide platform for seamless sharing of sites with other Tower Company for effective and speedy deployment.
- Review site sharing activities with the telecom vendors and ensure that all the sites are inside the rental brackets and required permitting (environmental etc.) are secured in time to avoid project delays
- Partner with Supply Chain Management team and validate the requests for purchase of new hardware based on standards.
- Track and Follow-up on material arrival / dispatch and warehousing for the network rollout (Local & imported).
Qualifications and Requirements:
- First Degree in Engineering from a reputable university.
- Professional qualification in Project Management Techniques
- 10-12 years’ experience in the Telecom sector
- 5-8 years in deployment of GSM and/or 3G&4G.
- Experience of managing multiple complex Network projects simultaneously.
- Evidence of successful project delivery with wide geographical spread.
- Relevant experience in site planning and Use of Map Info and planning tools.
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong Numeric skills
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Business Acumen
- Eye for details
- Environmental Knowledge
- Communication skills
- Project management
- Process Quality.
Explore More Opportunities
- Nestle Foods Graduate Trainee Program 2022
- Executive Assistant at Oando Plc
- Guaranty Trust Holding Company (GTCO) Latest Job Openings
- Job Vacancy at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
- Wema Bank Plc is Hiring
- Sterling Bank Job Recruitment
- ECOWAS Latest Job Recruitment
- Landmark University is Recruiting
- Nigerian Army Regular Recruit Intake 2022
- READ: HOW TO A GET A JOB IN 2021 (A COMPLETE GUIDE)
Manager, PS Core Planning
- The role holder is expected to act as the representative for business, technical and other functional requirements in Packet Core solutions to support Mobile Data services.
- The function will define the optimal topology of the packet core network to meet premium service level agreements and industry architecture for next generation Packet switched networks;
- Also expected to evaluate network design and define best criteria and guidelines with partners for capacity management and dimensioning of the PS core network;
- In addition would ensure delivery of PS projects to agreed SLAs whilst exploring the most efficient ways to realize new business requirements placed upon the 2G/3G/4G Mobile Core Network which includes but not limited to voice and data.
- Analyze business requirements and processes before converting ideas into a solution design; where required, research into new technology/features in Telecommunication industry with regards to Mobile Data services.
- Liaise with partner teams, Airtel HQ and other departments to assure optimal data network architecture adapted to local traffic profile, implementation and deployment of key networks systems through the full delivery life cycle from initial design to full operational handover.
- Ensure projects are aligned with the Annual Operating Program (AOP) specifications
- Ensure that all nodes within the Packet core network are functioning as per the business and network requirements.
- Provide a pathway towards evolving PS Core network in line with 3GPP Roadmap
- Ensure that the project related documentation reflects a fit-for-purpose design and complies with the contractual vendor requirements.
- Coordinate and review Vendor documentation in the form of SD, HLD and LLD designs prepared to include technical functionality, platform design and platform integration with relevant network elements.
- Prepare and update network designs to reflect most recent changes in Network architecture/capacity.
- Perform adequate dimensioning, of all interfaces of EPC related Nodes and add-on solutions – in accordance with network growth and business projections.
- Continuously monitor network traffic, licenses, trends and various parameters to ensure the Network elements are operating as expected. Where required, take corrective action with input from Operations and performance teams.
- Effective understanding of Operational and Business support systems (OSS/BSS) for performance reporting, Key performance indicator (KPI) monitoring and tuning for effective end to end planning of data services.
- Periodical audit and optimization of Product-related configurations on the Deep Packet inspection (DPI) node to avoid data fraud and over/undercharging of data services
- Periodically revise and optimize signaling traffic towards charging system and other peer nodes
- Understand the business requirements and impact on data network infrastructure.
- Responsible for planning all expansion of nodes well in advance.
- Plan evolution of PS core network to best industry practices.
- Provide consultation services to relevant business units including Liaising with Marketing and IT for better understanding of proposed services.
- Hold necessary Kick off meetings with stakeholders where/when required.
- Always maintain high Team Harmony and Engagement with both internal and external teams and stakeholders.
- Ensuring that Internal Operations and Vendor Team deliver projects to the high quality expected first time right.
- Explore new initiatives which meet business requirements by developing and delivering cost efficient delivery plans of proposed solutions.
- Technology assessments and POC trials (RFI/RFP/RFQ). Verification of solutions before roll-out.
- Prioritize self-workload as required to meet the fluctuating demands of business and requirements from other stakeholders.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s / Master’s of Telecommunication / Electronic Engineering Degree / Computer Science.
- 6-8 years work experience in large Mobile Network Operator within the PS core domain.
- Comprehensive understanding of Mobile Packet Core from a design, optimization, and evolutional perspective.
- Knowledge of 3GPP/GSMA standards.
- Detailed knowledge of Diameter Routing and Data Analytics platform.
- Understanding of NFV and Native Cloud Operations.
- Multi-vendor experience HUAWEI, ERICSSON platforms preferably.
- Hands-on Experience with Ericsson PS core nodes will be an added advantage.
- Good Experience with Project deployment of key network systems from initial design to full operational handover.
- A thorough understanding of Network KPIs and their use.
Skills & Competencies:
- Personal Integrity and good interpersonal relationship
- Personal tenacity to succeed
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Highly organized and good at implementation
- Time management skills with commitment to project timelines.
- Self-motivational skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good practical skills in troubleshooting and fault resolution for supporting operations teams as an escalation point
- Professionalism in delivering daily services
- Innovative and Entrepreneurial in managing challenging situations
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Vacancies at Airtel Nigeria” should click the button below and start their application.
Deadline: Not Specified
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
EDITOR’S NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not an affiliate of the employer’s company. We keep track of job information to serve you the latest opportunity available for Nigerians. Our services are free and independent. Our contact: email@example.com