IITA is guided by an ambitious strategy–to lift 11.5 million people out of poverty and revitalize 7.5 million hectares of farmland by 2020. We are a nonprofit organization founded in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported by several countries.
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is recruiting into the vacant positions. All Interested candidates are advised to go through available positions carefully and submit their applications appropriately before the deadline.
All Available positions are listed below:
- Under the supervision of the Head of Security, the Security Information Assistant (SIA) is responsible for the management of information relevant to security, including collection, collation, analysis and dissemination to be used as a decision-making and planning tool by the Head of Security in tropical Africa to enhance the safety and security of IITA personnel, assets and operations in the countries.
- Maintain security information awareness of all aspects which could potentially affect the safety and security of the IITA including up-to-date knowledge of events relating to the security environment through monitoring of security incidents, daily situation reports, local media and other open sources.
- Responsible for the identification and coordination of security information requirements, development of trend analysis, gathering comprehensive information on all factors on security and safety as well as determining the relevance and validity of security information and the reliability of information resources.
- Responsible for disseminating security information in a timely manner to the Headquarters, Hubs, and stations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BSc/HND in Political or Social Science, Military Science, Criminology, International Relations, or related field with a minimum of four (4) years’ experience performing similar or related role in a well-structured organization
The ideal candidate must have:
- Knowledge and understanding of methodologies for information collection, collation, analysis, and presentation.
- Knowledge and understanding of Country Security Plans, Contingency/Emergency planning, Evacuation/Relocation, Business Continuity Plan, Crisis Management
- Plan and Security Risk Assessment methodology
- Knowledge and understanding of physical security design, survey, and upgrade
- Knowledge and understanding of technical security systems like CCTV, alarm, and other intrusion detection system
- Have ability to communicate complex issues to clients and supervisors, clearly present research findings and formulate security advisories and alerts.
- Have ability to use presentation tools like PowerPoint maps and charts so as to regularly update the Security Unit Intranet webpage and to deploy mass security/safety notification systems
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
- Listens to others and correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately.
- Asks questions to clarify, exhibits interest in having two-way communication and tailor’s language, tone, style, and format to match the audience.
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Planning and Organizing:
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies.
- Identifies priority activities and assignments and adjusts priorities as required.
- Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work;
- Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning;
- Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary;
- Uses time efficiently.
- Integrity, professionalism, respect for gender, Diversity, and Inclusion (GDI).
- Good communication skills (written and oral), working knowledge of French is an added advantage.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
TAAT Program External Audit
This Request for Expression of Interest (REOI) follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared on the African Development Bank Group’s Internet Website(www.afdb.org) 16th August 2018 International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is implementing the Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT) Program, financed through a grant from the African Development Bank. IITA intends to apply part of the proceeds of the grant to facilitate payment for TAAT Program External Audit Consultancy Services, to be based in Ibadan, Nigeria at the early stage and in Cotonou, Benin towards the end of the assignment depending on the relocation schedule of the PMU, with substantial travel to several countries within sub-Saharan Africa.
The Consultant is expected to carry out the audit in accordance with the International Standards on Auditing (ISA), as promulgated by the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board
(IAASB), or International Standards of Supreme Audit Institutions (ISSAIs) issued by the International Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (INTOSAI) or National Auditing Standards when these have been found to be acceptable to the Bank. It will include such tests and controls as the auditors consider necessary under the circumstances. The services will include
- financial and procurement audit and provide audit opinion on the financial statements of the program covering Executing Agency program operations;
- the consolidated financial report;
- the separate audited financial statements from each of the other implementing agencies and
- a copy of the Management letter in respect of each set of financial statement submitted for January to December 2021, It will cover IITA and other Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR) implementation Centers as follows: AfricaRice, International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA), International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI), African Agricultural Technology Foundation (AATF), International Potato Center (CIP), International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), International Water Management Institute (IWMI), International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT), WorldFish, International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) and Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA) within six (6) weeks duration. The detailed activities to be performed by the consultant are outlined in the Terms of Reference (ToR). IITA now invites eligible consulting firms to submit their Expression of Interest (EOI), including their detailed Company information. Such information must indicate the consultants’ qualifications for performing the services and may include brochures, description of assignments of similar nature in the last ten (10) years, experience in similar conditions and environment, availability of appropriate managerial and technical skills among staff related to the assignment, etc. Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications. The assignment shall be for six (6) weeks.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Eligibility Criteria, establishment of the shortlist and selection procedure shall be in accordance with the Procurement Policy for the Bank Group Funded Operation, October 2015 which is available on the Banks website at afdb Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours from 08:00-16:30
Expressions of interest should be delivered to the address below or by email on or before Friday 8th April 2022 at 16:30 pm.
Any expression of interest received after the closing date shall be rejected.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Vacancies at IITA” should click the button below and start their application.
Deadline: Not Specified
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 070624212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.