Kuda is a full service, app-based digital bank. Our mission is to be the go-to bank not just for those living on the African continent, but also for the African diaspora wherever they might live, anywhere in the world. Kuda is free of ridiculous banking charges and great at helping customers budget, spend smartly and save more.
To help us grow into the company that can bring meaningful change to the way people across Africa get access to great financial products and services in order to take control of their personal finances, we are actively looking for bright, talented, driven people who are excited by our mission. If this sounds like a great way to spend your valuable time, then please get in touch with us.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Vacancies at Kuda Bank
- As our business grows, we are looking for a Compliance Officer to join our team and take responsibility for ensuring that the company and business units within the company meet all regulatory obligations and internal compliance policy requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Utilise banking systems to investigate and research transactional information to ensure that financial crimes requirements are met
- Assist the law enforcement agencies in financial crime investigations, fact-finding, transaction monitoring and reporting
- Collaborate with relevant departments in the company to ensure efficient data analysis and data-gathering for law enforcement agencies and regulatory authorities
- Utilise internal and external applications to assist in financial crime investigations
- Working closely with the Data Analytics, Internal Audit, Legal and Fraud teams in handling investigations, setting up controls, monitoring and reporting system
- Support effective communication with law enforcement agencies and regulatory authorities
- Conduct enhanced due diligence on customers, understand transaction patterns and other suspicious activity
- Manage cases and prepare electronic files with complete and accurate data to maintain the integrity of our compliance programme
- Provide technical advice on issues relating to financial crime and fraud
- Support in areas relating to AML/CFT, KYC, fraud and AB&C policies
- Develop and monitor implementation of financial crime policies in line with company’s risk appetite
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Degree in a relevant Business discipline
- 4 years (minimum) of previous work experience in compliance, financial crime investigations experience within banking and financial services industry strongly preferred
- Experience analysing transactions in a compliance role within the banking or financial services environment
- Good understanding and experience of financial crime within the general banking and financial services environment
- Substantial technical knowledge of applicable Nigerian financial crime regulatory requirements
- Track record of creative problem-solving, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and creation of strong and trusted cross-functional relationships
- Proactive personality and eagerness to learn about the business, the industry and novel regulatory compliance issues
- Ability to work in a high-stress, fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel.
- Become a part of one of the trailblazers in the challenger banking arena by joining the exciting and ambitious team at Kuda Bank as we work to become the neobank for ‘every African on the planet’.
- Competitive salary package
- Pension scheme
- Private medical plan
- 20 days of holiday plus public holidays
Learning and Development (L&D) Manager
- The L&D Manager is responsible for the provision of support services i.e., determining the demand/supply and scheduling of training interventions, data management associated with training activities including course loading and financial analysis and the production of training material.
In order to execute this function, the role holder will have the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with the HR & People team to ensure/implement a string Learning Organization culture
- Own the Training Schedule including Mandatory Training.
- Deliver New Starter/ New Manager HRIS training
- Work with the Group CPO, the Compliance department and other departments on the development and roll out of internal training programs such as regulatory training (AML, Whistleblowing, Vulnerable customers, Treating Customer Fairly etc.), Leadership & Management training, Customer Excellence training; and learning how to deliver these with a view to being the one responsible for delivering the training to identified parties in the future
- Assist with administering the HR induction process for all new starters, ensuring that the different departments have prepared their onboarding induction decks, and are scheduled for induction with new hires
- Logging all L&D requests/requirements and presenting a list of all requirements and costs to the Group CPO for approval and appropriate sign off
- Ensuring that relevant TEC Agreements are completed and fully executed before any spends occur from the L&D budget
- Help to facilitate the performance review and OKR process, ensuring all reviews are saved with objectives logged
- Maintain/Update the HRIS and HR database with changes relevant to L&D and checking if unsure with the Group CPO
- Undertake analysis of training data and produce training packs for presentation to Managers
- Create and distribute requested reports, including training attendance, incomplete training, regulatory and non-regulatory etc., on a weekly/monthly basis or as required
- Manage and coordinate the Compliance Training calendar, and logging attendances
- Ensure all training is recorded in the HRIS and fall within any set Training Matrix
- Support the implementation of the functional competency measurement tool
- Help with the facilitation of internal and externally hosted training sessions
- Own the mentoring program, and ensuring that mentees are adequately matched to mentors, and keeping track of their progress
- Play key role in Kuda Academy initiatives and champion policies, processes and culture
- Help with the roll-out key of HR initiatives: employee surveys, training, etc.
- Actively stay abreast of trends, legislation and developments that may impact yours and your HR colleagues’ responsibilities to employees
- Other ad-hoc requests as may be needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- At least 5 years’ working experience with a minimum of 2 years’ progressive experience as an L&D Professional
- Must have demonstrable experience of creating and delivering training covering key Financial Services regulatory training pertaining to compliance – AML, whistleblowing, treating customers fairly etc.
- Professional L&D/Training Qualification and/or CIPD Membership required
- Must have Financial Services and/or Fintech experience, or experience delivering regulatory training to companies in these sectors
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written
- Must be analytical, with an affinity with data, and creating relevant MI
- Approachable, outgoing and diplomatic
- Strong execution skills and acute attention to detail
- HRIS system experience is highly desirable – Any experience using Workable and HiBob would be advantageous
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and able to engage with internal and external stakeholders in a productive and professional manner
- Must be reliable, responsible and able to handle highly confidential information with discretion
- Good awareness of current legislation and best practice processes
- Tenacity to keep chasing information to ensure timely receipt of data/completion of projects
- Good numerical / financial understanding
- Must have excellent emotional intelligence and utter discretion
- Must have confidence and gravitas to promote HR best practice
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Team player – willing to provide support and leverage across the entire team when needed
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, PowerPoint
Become a part of one of the trailblazers in the challenger banking arena by joining the exciting and ambitious team at Kuda Bank as we work to become the neobank for ‘every African on the planet’.
- An exciting and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay
- Smart and kind coworkers
- Full pension contribution
- Reliable health insurance
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Vacancies at Kuda Bank” should click the button below to apply.