MainOne Cables Nigeria is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne seeks to recruit smart, vibrant and young graduates who is technical acumen and are interested in building careers in the Telecommunications sector.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Vacancies at MainOne Cable Nigeria
Slot: 2 Openings
- The Social Media Intern will support the MainOne marketing function to manage and improve the company’s presence and customer communications via online channels.
- In particular, the Social Media Intern will be focused on Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) for the Company and will work with the digital marketing team to implement new and innovative strategies in order to meet and exceed the company’s overall revenue and profit targets.
The Specific Responsibilities shall include the following:
- Implementation of basic SEO strategies including keyword research, link acquisition, and on-site optimization.
- Familiarity with digital marketing optimization tools such as Google Search Console, Keyword Planner, HubSpot.
- Monitor daily performance metrics to understand SEO strategy performance.
Social Media Community Management:
- Daily management of social media platforms using tools like Tweetdeck, Buffer, Hootsuite etc.
- Become an advocate for the Company across social media platforms, engage in relevant dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Design graphics for social media using tools like Canva.
- Conversion of blog posts and press releases into short video content for social media use.
- Execute social media campaigns, Ads/Sponsored posts as required.
- Suggest and implement new concepts and strategies to improve brand awareness via soicla media.
- Stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications.
Content Generation and Distribution:
- Work with the communications team in the ideation and generation of content for online communications for MainOne and its subsidiaries across digital media platforms.
- Drive awareness of new blog posts by publishing the articles in technology and data centre forums and groups
- Familiarity with digital marketing analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
- Use tools like Meltwater, Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, Mention, IO Analytics to monitor trends on social media tools, opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the business and report notable threats to supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or other relevant fields.
- Minimum years of Experience: 1
- Proven experience using SEO tools.
- Familiarity with basic graphics and video editing software.
- Knowledge of digital marketing strategies and best practices.
- Proven ability to curate content, copywriting and community management.
- Experience managing multiple social media accounts.
- Experience with WordPress, WIX and basic HTML is a plus.
Demands of the Job
- Fast learner
- Good strategy planning, execution and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively set priorities and deliver within tight deadlines
Marketing Communications Supervisor
- The Marketing Communications Supervisor will be responsible for the effective implementation of marketing strategies targeted at communicating with MainOne’s customers to increase market penetration, customer growth, and profitability.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Research, develop and implement brand and communication strategy, standards and practices that promote the behaviour and recognition objectives of the company.
- Develop key messages and manage all corporate communication and media communication for MainOne, including marketing information to customers, employees and other stakeholders.
- Lead agencies and internal team members where appropriate to execute communication activities – marketing materials, advertising, customer communications, direct mail, marketing campaigns, press releases, brochures and content for trade publications, etc.
- Assist with copy writing and editing of promotional literature including brochures and company presentations, newsletters, direct marketing, and social network marketing projects, ensuring all marketing materials undergo brand review and adhere to strict brand messaging guidelines.
- Work closely with the website administrator to ensure messaging is consistent with overall marketing and communication objectives.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external key stakeholders to ensure proper messaging of company beliefs and service offerings.
- Develop and manage repositories of company promotional material and ensure effective updates and version control in line with changing market requirements.
- Demonstrate understanding of telecoms marketing and company product knowledge.
- Contribute to the total effectiveness of the company’s messaging communicating openly, solving problems proactively, offering creative ideas and working as a positive, engaged team member.
- Develop ROI measurements to justify advertising and marketing spend. Ensure that all applicable KPIs are measured effectively and financial controls adhered to.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Events and Sponsorship:
- Develop briefs on both MainOne events and sponsored events for all key communication units and stakeholders with clear KPIs and deliverables for effective execution of events
- Plan and coordinate special events from conception to implementation including contracting relevant vendors if required.
- Maintain an annual event and guest list liaising with the Sales team.
- Research speaking opportunities/seminars for the company and arrange individual and panel opportunities.
- Manage and facilitate budget approval for events and corporate gifts
- Provide reports on event takeaways, leads generated, etc.
- Complete pre and post event reports with recommendations for improvement to give a full evaluation of the sponsorship.
- Manage the end-end effective delivery from agencies and ensure flawless execution enhancing MainOne’s brand image and visibility to the right audience.
- Maintain documented account of each sponsorship project in an organised manner and store in a MainOne central repository.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or other relevant fields.
- Postgraduate/relevant professional qualification will be an advantage
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ work experience in a Marketing role
- Relationship Management
- Excellent oral and written communication skill
- Very good planning, organisational and analytical skills
- Very good understanding of telecommunications market
- Experience in strategic planning, marketing and promotions.
- Time management and skills as well as ability to work well under pressure
- Strong project management and delivery skills, with the ability to multi-task and effectively set priorities within tight deadlines
Demands of the Job
- May be required to travel out of work location
- Ability and willingness to meet tight deadlines when required
Explore More Opportunities
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) is Recruiting
- APPLY: Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) Recruitment 2021
- 2021 Nigerian Air Force Direct Short Service Cadets (DSSC) Recruitment
- Lagos State College of Nursing Recruitment Programme
- Oyo State Anti-Corruption Agency Latest Recruitment
- British Council is Recruiting
- Dangote Group is Recruiting
- Internship Program 2021 at Procter and Gamble
- Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc is Recruiting
- READ: HOW TO A GET A JOB IN 2021 (A COMPLETE GUIDE)
NOC Support Engineer (Bilingual)
Job Type: Permanent
NOC support engineer will be responsible for proactive monitoring of Transmission and IP devices across MainOne’s network through the support of Network monitoring systems, perform first line troubleshooting/fault isolation, resolve was necessary and escalate to other levels for support in line with MainOne’s internal processes:
- Monitor Main One’s network providing specific update, status and performance of all network components, capacity services etc.
- Identify and provide at least first line support on all faults on the Main One network in accordance with the Company’s standard operating procedure for fault escalation and management
- Maintain and ensure full compliance with all Main One’s NOC processes and procedures
- Ensure proper technical documentation of all network events throughout normal/shift cycle or operations.
- Answer all network support related telephone calls and interface with internal/external customers on operational issues and related network events, using Main One’s standard operating procedures.
- Run daily and weekly management reports on network events and activities as well as tracking escalations and other key performance indicators and ensure all customer SLAs are met
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.Sc / HND Electrical / Electronic Engineering or related discipline.
- 2-3 years’ experience in the configuration, operations and maintenance of optical fiber SDH and wireless network equipment.
- Ability to speak French as a second Language is a major advantage
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong Knowledge of Synchronous Digital Hierarchy technology
- Strong Knowledge of DWDM/OTN technology
- Strong knowledge of PtP/PtMP Microwave technologies
- Knowledge of basic TCP/IP configurations and troubleshooting
- Excellent and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing
- Ability to use OTDR, E-Analyzer, SDH Analyzer, power meter and other signal testing tools/instruments
- Working Knowledge of Huawei OSN series equipment.
- Working knowledge of Ubiquiti or Ceragon radio.
- Working knowledge of IP devices will be a plus.
Demands of the Job
- Will be ready to work on 24 X 7 base depending on the shift roaster to man the network surveillance tools.
- Also, should be ready to travel to support other MainOne Operations in Africa and beyond.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Vacancies at MainOne Cable Nigeria” should click the button below to apply.