Lagos State University (LASU) is recruiting into the position of Lagos State Government Professorial Chair of Transport Studies. All Interested candidates are advised to go through available positions carefully and submit their applications appropriately before the deadline.
- The endowed professorship (or Endowed Chair) is a position that draws monthly salary and other allowances from the endowment fund specifically set up for that purpose and specifically for scholarly/creative/research support.
- Occupant of the chair must, among others, have an acceptable academic orientation or focus and should be able to organise one or more public lectures annually.
- He/ She will also engage in advance research in his/her area of specializations and submit an annual report of his/her activities to the Vice Chancellor. This report is then forwarded to the donor of the Chair Lagos State Government.
The Chair aims at obtaining global expertise to strengthen research and teaching in transport studies. The Professor appointed to the Chair will:
- Teach, conduct research, initiate development strategies and encourage innovation in Transport Studies;
- Offer advice to Lagos State Government on critical transportation challenges in the state;
- Take specific research briefs from Lagos State Government or the State Commissioner for Transport through Lagos State University;
- Promote packaging and dissemination of information for public awareness to solve transportation challenges of Lagos State in particular and Nigeria in general;
- Develop transportation management policies in line with global best practice;
- Provide pro bono community service, including consultancy such as advising government and non-profit making organizations;
- Mentor and assess of students in their academic training and research including supervision of thesis.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Candidates must possess Ph.D in Transport Studies or related field with Ten  years Post Doctoral qualification teaching/research experience in a University or a Research/Training Institute.
- The candidate must also possess adequate scholarly publications, administrative experience as well as demonstrable academic leadership. An Associate Professor of at least three (3) years or a serving Professor with considerable Teaching / Research experience in a University may also apply.
- Candidates should have demonstrable capacity to participate in inter-multidisciplinary research in addition to reasonable administrative experience.
- Candidate for the position of Endowed Professorial Chair of Transport Studies must not be more than Sixty Four (64) years of age as at the date of this publication.
- The appointment of Professorial Chair shall be 5-year term with eligibility for re- appointment upon satisfactory performance.
Remuneration of the Endowed Professorial Chair includes:
- Enhanced monthly salary
- Official car
- Monthly Allowances as applicable
- Annual Research Allowance.
- Annual Foreign Travels Allowance.
- Annual Local travels Allowance.
- Annual Sponsorship for Seminars, Conferences and Publications.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are to submit a Formal Application Letter with Thirty (30) copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of Credentials (O’ Level Result inclusive). The Curriculum Vitae should be presented in the following order:
- Name in Full with Surname first (Boldly Written)
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent Address
- Current Postal Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Academic / Professional Qualifications (with dates and institutions)
- Statement of Experience including full details of former and present position
- Current Research
- List of Scholarly Publications
- Other activities outside current employment
- Name, Address and Telephone Numbers of three (3) Referees
- Telephone and E-mail Address (Self)
- Proposed date of availability for duty if appointed.
All applications with credentials should be addressed to:
Lagos State University,
Badagry Expressway, Ojo,
P. M.B. 0001,
Lagos State University Post Office, Ojo,
Mission Statement / Strategic Plans
Applicants are to submit their mission statement and Strategic plans for the position (Not more than 2000 words).
Deadline: April 19, 2022
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.