United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
UNICEF offers a range of challenging and exciting opportunities across its key functional areas of work. We offer an attractive remuneration package with competitive pay and benefits.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Vacancy at UNICEF
Job no: 548978
Locations: Gombe, Taraba, Bayelsa, Niger, Jigawa, Katsina, Zamfara and Kebbi
Contract type: Consultancy
Categories: Programme Management
- The HACT Contractor reports to the Field Office HACT Officer. The HACT Contractor under the guidance of the HACT Officer, provides professional, operational and administrative assistance throughout the GAVI Health Systems Grant programming process by preparing, managing and/or executing a variety of technical and administrative tasks to facilitate the effective implementation of HACT in line with the UNICEF Nigeria HACT Policy and procedures.
Scope of Work
The Individual Contractor will:
- Support HACT planning during the GAVI HSS grant programme implementation period
- Participate in HACT planning, discussions, support the development and completion of HACT plans through research, collection, analysis and reporting of related information/data to facilitate planning and priority setting for HACT activities for the State.
- Support the Field Office HACT Officer to prepare and facilitate execution of micro assessments and audits in line with UNICEF Nigeria HACT procedure.
- Assist PHCDA teams in conducting a pre-audit of the financial statements prior to planned audit by third-party audit firm
- Support implementation of HACT activities
- Serve as the State reference person on HACT implementation for the GAVI HSS grant
- Facilitate execution of HACT activities through scheduling, arranging briefings and related administrative needs to ensure appropriate and comprehensive information for effective and efficient completion of assignments in collaboration with the Field Office HACT Officer, conduct spot checks of the SPHCDA
- Review and use of HACT reports
- Build and sustain effective close working partnership with the SPHCDA and other government counterparts through sharing of HACT information and knowledge to facilitate/build their capacity for implementing HACT
- In collaboration with the Field Office HACT Officer, participate in appropriate meetings/events to facilitate and promote sharing of information, knowledge, experiences and best practices
- Knowledge management and capacity building
- Identify, synthesize and share lessons learned/best practices in the implementation of HACT with particular focus on the GAVI HSS grant and MoU with the HACT Officer.
- Contribute to design and implementation of capacity building strategies and initiatives for the SPHCDA and other government partners involved in implementation of the integrated RI/PHC MoU through identification of financial and management weaknesses from review of micro assessments and assurance activities.
- Support in the Training of state, LGAs and Ward PHCDA staff on good practices financial management per established SOP
- Roll out, train and support the partners on the use of provided accounting system
The Individual Contractor will:
- Work with Finance Team/DFAs at the eight PHCDAs in ensuring financial accounting, reporting and monitoring are in compliance with programme workplans and established financial management SOP
- Conduct review of financial records on a regular basis and expenditure supporting documentation prior to liquidation to UNICEF
- Ensure that financial reporting timelines are observed by partners e.g. DCT liquidation should be well before six (6) months and preferably by fourth month.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration and / or a professional Accounting qualification e.g. CPA, ICAN, and ACCA) required.
- A Bachelor’s degree with an additional 2 year’s work experience may be accepted in lieu of a master’s degree.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in internal/external audit or financial management experience in a reputable organization.
- Experience in fraud/investigative work is desirable
- In-depth knowledge of internal auditing, accounting systems, and auditing standards and application of IPSAS.
- First-rate analytical skills and proven knowledge of management principles.
- Ability to establish priorities, conceive and execute work in a busy work environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Maturity of judgment, tact, integrity, and discretion
- Initiative and resourcefulness. Proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other team members
- Experience with training and facilitation of group learning processes
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Fluency in English is required
- Personal drive for results and resilience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Vacancy at UNICEF” should click the APPLY HERE button below and start their application.
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles.
- All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
- Please submit your all inclusive financial and technical proposal along with the application. Application without these will not be entertained.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Deadline: March 13, 2022
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
EDITOR’S NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not an affiliate of the employer’s company. We keep track of job information to serve you the latest opportunity available for Nigerians. Our services are free and independent. Our contact: email@example.com