20.3 C
Nigeria
Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Abuja-Kaduna train attack captives beg government in new disturbing video released by terrorists

Kidnapped victims of the Abuja-Kaduna bound train attack have called on the Nigerian government to rescue them from captivity.

This is according to a fresh video released by the suspected terrorists on Sunday showing the victims in an unidentified location suspected to be a forest.

Recall that on March 28, 2022, suspected terrorists detonated a bomb on an Abuja-Kaduna bound train track at Katari,  a village in Kaduna state and open fire on the train. The attack result in about eight people being killed, some injured and many others were taken hostage.

In a statement last Sunday, the Nigeria Railway Commission (NRC) said there were 362 passengers on board the train when it was attacked, 186 had been confirmed safe. And of the remaining 176 passengers, eight have been confirmed dead, leaving the whereabouts of 168 still unknown.

Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Prompt News Update on WhatsApp

The kidnappers had earlier issued threats in a video after releasing one of the captives, Alwan Ali-Hassan, Chief Executive Officer of Nigeria’s Bank of Agriculture (BOA). 

The suspected terrorists stated that they released the BOA boss in spirit of Ramadan and his age, however, a source said a huge ransom of N100 million was paid to secure his release.

In the new video released, which was probably recorded before Alwan Ali-Hassan secured his release, as it showed him flanked by other victims begging the government to come to their rescue. 

Watch the video below.

Some of the victims include an Agriculture student of Kaduna State University, one Adedeji heading to Kaduna for eye treatment. A foreigner was also spotted among them. One of the victims, Gladys, described the terror attack as needless if the government had listened to the populace.

Another man said he was on his way to Kaduna for eye treatment when he was abducted. Another victim who spoke in the video said there are some people among them who seriously need medical attention which necessitate instant action from the government.

The abductors who were masked in the video haven’t made any formal demands for the release of their victims. They also do not claim affiliation to any group but the recording closely resembles propaganda videos by terrorist groups Boko Haram waging a more than 12-year insurrection in Nigeria’s northeast.

Share a story or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07041591544 intelregion.com@gmail.com

📡Our Social Media Channels:

BREAKING NEWS

- Advertisement -