The Lagos State House of Assembly has rejected three of the fresh 18 cabinet nominees presented by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu for screening and clearance.
Among those rejected on Thursday, September 7, 2023, were former Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget, Sam Egube who was rejected in the first list presented by Sanwo-Olu.
Also, former Commissioner for Energy, Engr Olalere Odusote was rejected for the second time by the Assembly.
Meanwhile, the lawmakers confirmed Mr. Gbenga Omotoso, former Commissioner for Information and Strategy; Prof Akin Abayomi, former Commissioner for Health; Sola Giwa and 13 others out of the 18 fresh nominees presented to the house by Sanwo-Olu.
Names of the nominees confirmed are;
1. Dr. Afolabi Abiodun Tajudeen
2. Mr. Oluwaseun Oriyomi Osiyemi
3. Prof. Akinola Emmanuel Abayomi
4. Dr. Oluwarotimi Omotola Wahab Fashola
5. Mrs. Folashade Kaosarat Ambrose-Medem
6. Mr. Akinyemi Bankole Ajigbotafe
7. Mrs. Bolaji Cecelia Dada
8. Mrs. Barakat Akande Bakare
9. Mr. Olugbenga Omotoso
10. Mr. Mosopefolu George
11. Yekini Nurudeen Agbaje
12. Dr. Olumide Oluyinka
13. Mr. Abayomi Samson Oluyomi
14. Dr. Iyabode Oyeyemi Ayoola
15. Hon. Sola Shakirudeen Giwa
Recall that Lagos State House of Assembly, had rejected 17 of the 39 cabinet nominees sent recently by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu for screening and approval, while 22 were confirmed.
Speaker of the House, Mudashiru Obasa, who presided over the initial sitting, said the confirmation followed rigorous and detailed screening of the nominees by an ad hoc committee led by the Chief Whip of the House, Fatai Mojeed.