President Bola Tinubu has sacked the governing board of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) appointed by former President Muhammadu Buhari.
Recall that Buhari in January 2023 inaugurated the NDDC board which was chaired by his former Special Assistant on New Media, Lauretta Onochie.
Major-General Charles Airhiavbere (rtd) from Edo State was the (Executive Director, Finance); and Charles Ogunmola from Ondo State, was Executive Director, Projects.
Others are Dimgba Erugba, representing Abia State; Dr. Emem Willcox Wills (Akwa Ibom State), Elder Denyanbofa Dimaro (Bayelsa State), Orok Duke (Cross River State) and Dr. Pius Odudu (Edo State).
Also on the board are Anthony Ekenne (Imo State), Gbenga Edema (Ondo State), Elekwachi Dimkpa (Rivers State), Alhaji Mohammed Kabir Abubakar (Nasarawa State) representing North-Central zone), Alhaji Sadiq Sami Sule-Ikoh (Kebbi State, North-West) and Prof. Tahir Mamman, SAN, (Adamawa State, North-East). Chief Samuel Ogbokwu from Bayelsa State served as the Managing Director.
However, the board has been dissolved after the announcement of new management and members by Tinubu’s government.
According to a statement by Ajuri Ngelale, presidential spokesperson, on Tuesday, Chiedu Ebie was appointed the chairman of the board of the commission while Samuel Ogbuku is the managing director and chief executive officer (CEO).
See the full list:
1. Mr. Chiedu Ebie – Chairman – Delta
2. Dr. Samuel Ogbuku – Managing Director / CEO – Bayelsa
3. Mr. Boma Iyaye – Executive Director (Finance and Admin) – Rivers
4. Mr. Victor Antai – Executive Director (Projects) – Akwa-Ibom
5. Ifedayo Abegunde – Executive Director (Corporate Services) – Ondo
6. Sen. Dimaro Denyanbofa – State Representative – Bayelsa
7. Mr. Abasi Ndikan Nkono – State Representative – Akwa Ibom
8. Rt. Hon. Monday Igbuya – State Representative – Delta
9. Chief Tony Okocha – State Representative – Rivers
10. Hon Patrick Aisowieren – State Representative – Edo
11. Mr. Kyrian Uchegbu – State Representative – Imo
12. Victor Kolade Akinjo – State Representative – Ondo
13. Chief Dimgba Eruba – State Representative – Abia
14. Mr. Asu Oku Okang – State Representative – Cross River
15. Hon. Nick Wende – Zonal Representative – North Central
16. Hon. Namdas Abdulrazak – Zonal Representative – North East Sen.
17. Dr. Ibrahim Abdullahi Gobir – Zonal Representative – North West.
The President expects that the new Board and Management team will ensure a new era of successful administration in the NDDC, in line with his Renewed Hope agenda.
All of the above-listed appointments take immediate effect.