34.2 C
Nigeria
Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Fear as unknown gunmen attack Anambra hospital, steal 4 newborns

Gunmen suspected to be kidnappers have attacked a maternity hospital in Nkpologwu, Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State, abducting four newborn babies.

According to sources in the community, the incident happened on Tuesday night, December 6, 2022, and was only made known to members of the community on Wednesday, December 7, 2022.

The source said, “It happened in our community on Tuesday night and people have been discussing it since Wednesday morning. They said some gunmen stormed the hospital (name withheld) and took away four babies from the hospital.

IMPORTANT: You can now Click “HERE” to receive News updates directly on your WhatsApp!

“From the information we got from the residents around the community, no one was injured, and no one was killed in the attack too. The motive for the invasion of the hospital is not known to anyone.

“Some people said they could have taken the babies to sell them to childless individuals, but others are saying it could be for ritual purposes.”

When contacted, the Anambra State Police spokesman, DSP said the command was not aware of the incident yet but would make enquiries and get back.

Ikenga said, “I don’t have such report before me now but I will make findings and get back please.”

Meanwhile, the traditional ruler of Oso in Ajowa- Akoko, Akoko North-West Local Government Area of Ondo State, Oba Clement Jimoh Olukotun who was kidnapped seven days ago has been freed.

ATTENTION: Click “HERE” to receive News updates directly on your WhatsApp!

According to sources in the community, the monarch was released in Kogi State on Wednesday, December 8, 2022, around 10 pm.

One of the sources revealed that a ransom of N10 million was paid to the kidnappers by his family before he was released.

The 66-year-old traditional ruler was kidnapped from his home last week Thursday when gunmen stormed his palace and whisked him away.

Following the kidnap of the monarch, the abductors demanded a N100 million ransom and later reduced it to N10 million to free the monarch.

The source disclosed that “Our Kabiyesi was released around 10:00 pm on Wednesday. That was the exact time the family was contacted all the way from Kogi State, where he was dropped between Kabba and Lokoja.

“The abductors collected a sum of N10 million ransom being money raised by colleague monarchs, Chiefs of our town, and our successful children who are based abroad.

“Our Kabiyesi is in the hospital in Lokoja, where he is being treated, because he has become weary and needed medical treatment to regain strength.

Confirming the development, the spokesperson of the Ondo Police Command, said she was not aware of any ransom payment.

Share a story with us on WhatsApp: 07041591544 intelregion.com@gmail.com

📡Our Social Media Channels:

BREAKING NEWS

- Advertisement -