19.9 C
Nigeria
Saturday, February 4, 2023

Former SARS operative arrested for allegedly defiling five minors in Anambra

A former member of Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) in Anambra State has been arrested for allegedly defiling no fewer than five minors in Anambra state.

The suspect, popularly known as Ejima, was nabbed at Ekwulobia in Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra by members of vigilante in the area and handed over to the Police.

The victims, who were said to be between the ages of five to eleven years, all from Ebonyi State, were allegedly defiled in the suspect’s apartment.

IMPORTANT: You can now Click “HERE” to receive News updates directly on your WhatsApp!

Narrating their ordeal, one of the victims said the suspect had invited them to his house to rest after asking them to fetch water for him.

She said: “He later asked the oldest two among us to cook for him while he asked the youngest to sleep on the bed and the other on a mat.

“While we were busy with the assignments he gave us, we observed him defiling those who were sleeping. He even requested we join in the show.”

Asked why they did not raise the alarm, two of the victims said the suspect had warned them not to or risk being beaten.

The victims parents, on their part, said the news of the defilement came to them as rude shock as they least expected such act from the suspect.

ATTENTION: Click “HERE” to receive News updates directly on your WhatsApp!

Father to two of the victims, who pleaded anonymity, said, “when I got back from church, my wife told me that the children she sent to fetch water at a nearby compound were yet to be back several hours later.

“We looked for them everywhere and had to involve local vigilante for a wider search.

“It was later in the evening that my children came back alongside other kids within the neighborhood. When I accosted them, they confessed they were defiled.”

While revealing that the suspect used to visit his wife’s mini restaurant, where he normally played with the kids, the visibly devastated man said they never suspected he would be involved in such.

Parents to the other victims, petty traders and a tailor respectively, also confirmed that the suspect had been in the habit of moving out with girls, both young and old, soliciting government’s assistance in getting justice for their kids.

It was gathered that the victims had been taken to the hospital where they were examined and treatment at no cost, while the suspect is currently at the state CID from where he would be charged.

Reacting, Commissioner for Women and Social Welfare, Hon Ify Obinabo warned that anyone found guilty of any crime would not go unpunished.

She urged parents and caregivers to always be vigilant and careful of who they leave their wards with.

“Once the law finds the suspect guilty of the crime leveled against him, he will not go unpunished. We warn others who are using their positions to perpetuate crime to desist forth with or face the full wrath of the law,” she warned.

Share a story with us on WhatsApp: 07041591544 intelregion.com@gmail.com

📡Our Social Media Channels:

BREAKING NEWS

- Advertisement -