Gunmen attack Ebonyi APGA governorship candidate, kill driver

Gunmen attacked the convoy of the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) in Ebonyi State, Prof. Bernard Odo on Thursday night.

His media aide, Charles Otu, who confirmed the incident, said the candidate was returning from a campaign rally when they ran into the ambush at the Rest House area along the Enugu/Abakaliki expressway.

The gunmen, who parked Sienna bus along the road, opened fire on the convoy aiming the candidate’s vehicle, which was completely shattered.

 

TIP: Click “HERE” to join our WhatsApp group and receive News updates directly on your WhatsApp!

His driver was reportedly shot and bleeding forcing his Police orderly to maneuver the vehicle out of the area.

The driver later died due to the severity of the gunshot injuries he sustained.

 

BREAKING NEWS

It was gathered that the orderly and three others sustained bullet wounds.

This is the second major attempt on he APGA candidate after he was attacked last year in Izzi Local Government Area where he was going for campaign.

Those injured are receiving treatment at a hospital in Abakaliki, the state capital


Otu, in a statement, said five persons are still missing form the attack.

He said one of the cars in the convoy was also set ablaze by the gunmen.

SUGGESTION: You can receive News updates directly on your WhatsApp, click “HERE” to join our group.

Share News with us via WhatsApp: 07041591544 or Email: intelregion.com@gmail.com

📡Join Our Social Media Channels:

BREAKING NEWS

- Advertisement -