Man dies as gas explodes in Lagos, three injured

A yet-to-be-identified person died on Monday during a gas explosion that occurred at a storey building on Palmgroove Estate, in the Cappa Avenue area of Lagos State.

Three victims, who sustained varying degrees of injuries during the explosion, were reportedly rescued by emergency responders and taken to the hospital for treatment.

It was gathered that the explosion was caused by gas leakage from the cylinder reportedly used in filling the air conditioner of the building.

The Director-General, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, who confirmed the incident, said the remaining occupants were evacuated from the building, adding that the scene of the incident had been cordoned off to prevent a secondary incident.

Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to recieve Prompt News Updates on WhatsApp;

Oke-Osanyintolu said, “Upon arrival at the scene of the incident, a gas cylinder used in filling an outdoor AC split unit of a storey building exploded as a result of gas leakage from the cylinder.

“However, a male adult lost his life and three adult male sustained different degrees of injuries but have all been taken to the hospital before the arrival of the LRT.

“LRT, police and LASG fire are responders at the scene of the incident. All the occupants have been evacuated and the scene of the incident has been cordoned off to prevent any secondary incident as there are visible cracks on the walls and pillars. A recovery operation is ongoing.”

Receive Latest Updates on: WhatsApp: iR News Room, Facebook: Intel Region, Twitter: @intelregion, Instagram: @intelregion Telegram: iR Entertainment

Share your story with us: Facebook Messenger: Intel Region, SMS: +2347064212243, WhatsApp: +2347064212243, Email:


- Advertisement -