The Muslim Student’s Society of Nigeria (MSSN), A-Zone & B-Zone Headquarters have announced the appointment of New Executives into her Zonal and National Offices for 2021-2024 Administrative Years.
The A-Zone of the society which comprises all states from the Northern part of Nigeria made the announcement of new executives at the closing session of the Conference of Higher Institutions Muslim Students Umara (COHIMSU) which was held at FOMWAN Central Mosque, Utako, Abuja on the 28th of March, 2021.
The Abuja Conference had Mallam Muhammad bin Isa as the new Zonal Ameer/Chairman of MSSN A-Zone and Mal. Shehu Usman Abubakar of Kebbi State Area Unit as the nominee for National Ameer/President of the Muslim Students’ Society of Nigeria, which is subject to ratification and approval at the national conference which would be held in a later date.
Their counterpart, MSSN B-zone comprising all states from Southern Nigeria also took the last weekend, the 22nd of May, 2021 to hold her transition Conference at the IVC Permanent Site, Lagos-Ibdan Expressway, Ogun State.
This Conference marked the end of the Amir Barrister Qaseem Odedeji’s regime after taking over from Mal. Mushafau Alaran FCA in April 2018.
In giving his report, the Shurah Chairman, Prof. Bunuyamin Abdulkareem from the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) dissolved the 2018-2021 Executives and announced the new Executives. This report had Barrister Qaeem Odedeji returned for another 3-year term with several changes.
Among the notable changes is the appointment of Mallam Ali Abdussalam, Director Ali Institute of Quranic Memorization (AIQM) as the Deputy Coordinator/IVC Organizer, Barrister Rashyd Alliy as nominee for National Vice President International and Former Ameer, Oyo State Area Unit, Mallam Shakirullah Adedoja as nominee for National Business Committee Chairman. The full list for A&B Zone is below.
Officials and Nominees of A-ZONE as ZEC & NEC respectively.
- Zonal Amir – Mal. Muhammad Isa.
- Zonal Secretary-General – Mal. Auwal Yunus.
- Zonal Financial Secretary – Mal. Muhammad Sharif Abdullahi.
- Zonal PRO – Mal. Abubakar Sadiq Isah.
- Zonal IVC Organizer – Mal. Muhammad Saeed Suleiman.
- Zonal LTC Coordinator – Mal. Yahaya D. Muhammad.
- Zonal NHICOMS Coordinator – Mal. Ismail Ahmad.
- Zonal PPIP Coordinator – Mal. Mahmuod Hassan.
- Zonal QEC Coordinator – Mal. Shuaibu B. Amaha.
- Zonal Legal Advicer of – Barr. Muhammad Bello Abdullahi.
- Zonal Ex- Official I- Mal. Ishaq Muhammad Ishiyaku.
- Zonal Amirah – Sis. Mardiyya Imam Qasim.
- Zonal Naibatul Amirah – Sis. Fatima Sulaiman.
- Zonal Sisters Secretary – Sis. Rukayya Musa.
- Zonal Sisters PRO – Sis. Salamatu Sulaiman.
- Zonal ASC Coordinator – Sis. Asma’u Abubakar.
- Zonal Hijab Coordinator – Sis. Fatima Shitu Bashir.
- Zonal Ex-Officio II – Haj. Rabi Lawal Ruma.
A-Zonal Nominees to National Executive Council (NEC) 2021-2024
- National Amir – Mal. Shehu Usman Abubakar.
- National Vice-Amir: A-Zone – Mal. Muhammad Isa.
- National IVC Organizer/Islamic Affairs Officer: A-Zone – Mal. Muhammad Sa’eed Suleiman.
- National Secretary-General – Mal. Muhammad Salisu Kabir.
- Nat. Asst. Sec-Gen (Administration) – Mal. Muhammad Yahya Badeggi.
- National Financial Secretary – Mal. Umar Muhammad.
- National P.R.O – Mal. Mukhtar Adamu.
- National Asset Maintenance Officer – Mal. Muhammad Bukar Grema.
- National Legal Adviser – Barr. Nurudeen Ibrahim.
- NEC Member/Zonal Amirah: A-Zone – Sis. Mardiyyah I. Qasim.
- National Vice President International – Barrister Rashyd Alliy – Lagos
- National Assistant General Secretary, Scholarship – Mallam Harun Mustapha – Ondo
- National Assistant Public Relations Officer – Alh. Nurudeen Matanmi – Ogun
- National Auditor – Mallam Abdul Ghaniy Oladele – Ekiti
- National Business Committee Chairman – Mallam Shakirullah Adedoja – Oyo
- Ex-Officio 1 – Dr. Taofeeq Yekeen – Oyo
- Ex-Officio 2 – Engr. Tajudeen Mustapha Ekiti
- Ex-Officio 4 – Hajiah Qudroh Anola – Ondo
- Ex-Officio 3 – Dr. Abdul Wasii Akinbode – Osun
- Ex-Officio 2 – Ustadz Kolawole Abdul Hakeem – Lagos
- Ex-Officio 1 – Alh. Mushafau Alaran – Ogun
- Secretary to Sisters Circle – Sis. Faaizah Salami – FUTA Akure
- Naibatul Amirah – Hajiah Lateefah Alli-Kolawole – Lagos
- Amirah – Hajiah Sulayfah Adenipekun – Ekiti
- Eastern Dawah Coordinator 3- Ogunsakin Abdul Majeed – Rivers
- Eastern Dawah Coordinator 2 – Irhumekhai Zakariyyah – Edo/Delta
- Easter Dawah Coordinator 1 – Engr. Bashir Momoh – Bayelsa
- Assets Maitenance Officer 2 – Abdul Hafiz Omotosho – UI
- Assets Maitenance Officer 1 – Adeyemi Saheed Ogun
- Business Committee Chairman – Adebanjo Monsur – Lagos
- Auditor – Ismail Qasim Nabala – Edo/Delta
- Assistant Financial Secretaryn – Nurudeen Ayoola – Ondo
- Financial Secretary – Ishaq Abdul Azeez – Osun
- P.R.O 2 – Akhanamoya Hussein – Edo/Delta
- Public Relations Officer/Editor – Moshood Tahir – Ogun
- Islamic Affairs Board Secretary – Lukman Kewulere – Ondo
- Assistant General Secretary – Mas’ud Najimdeen – Lagos
- General Secretary – Abdul Jaleel Abdul Rasaq – Oyo
- Deputy Coordinator/IVC Organizer – Alli Abdus Salam – Oyo
- Amir/Zonal Coordinator – Barrister Qaasim Hussein Babatunde Odedeji – Osun