33.5 C
Nigeria
Friday, February 3, 2023

Tragedy as five dead, 40 guests injured as massive explosion rocks Indian wedding

No fewer than five people were killed and 49 injured after a cooking gas cylinder exploded in a house in Rajasthan’s Jodhpur, India where guests had gathered for a wedding.

Police official, Anil Kayal confirming the development said the explosion occurred in a village in Rajasthan when the guests at the wedding were gathering for lunch, on Friday, December 9, 2022.

Kayal added that the impact of the explosion collapsed part of the house in Jodhpur district.

IMPORTANT: You can now Click “HERE” to receive News updates directly on your WhatsApp!

According to preliminary enquiries by the police, the gas cylinder was located in a storage room, It leaked, caught fire and exploded.

Four people died on the spot while one succumbed to injuries in the hospital.

Kayal said the toll could rise as several victims suffered third-degree burns and their condition was critical.

Two children, Ratan Singh (5) and Khushboo (4), died on the spot. All the injured were rushed to the MG Hospital, Kayal said.

District Collector Himanshu Gupta said 54 people were injured in the blast and five of them died.

ATTENTION: Click “HERE” to receive News updates directly on your WhatsApp!

Superintendent of MG Hospital Raj Shree Behra said over a dozen injured brought to the hospital have sustained 80-100 percent burns and are in serious condition.

Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, Union minister, and Jodhpur MP Gajendra Singh Shekhawat expressed their condolences over the loss of lives in the incident. They directed officials to provide the best possible treatment to the injured.

Share a story with us on WhatsApp: 07041591544 intelregion.com@gmail.com

📡Our Social Media Channels:

BREAKING NEWS

- Advertisement -