WAAW Foundation’s Annual Scholarship Programme aims to support African Females Students studying any Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) related course at the university.
If eligible, fill out all fields completely. Please ensure you fill in your CORRECT Email address. Note that only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Kindly note that this application is in 4 stages;
1. Personal Information
WAAW Foundation (Working to Advance Science and Technology Education for African Women) is an international non-profit organization founded in 2007. Headquartered in Lagos Nigeria with offices in Abuja Nigeria, Kigali Rwanda and Allen Texas.
Table of Contents
- Host Country: All African Nations
- Category: Undergraduates (Females)
- Eligible Countries: All African Nations
- Reward: $500 (215,000 NGN)
- Deadline: November 2, 2020
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
WAAW Foundation’s $500 scholarship program initiated in 2008 is aimed at providing timely financial support to academically promising female African Students who are currently in STEM related undergraduate disciplines in an African College or University. Awardees must demonstrate financial need and a strong commitment to participating in building Africa. The initiative also promotes peers networks that provide support and mentoring to ensure completion in their chosen STEM fields.
Please read the eligibility criteria before you apply. All non-qualifying applications will be automatically deleted! Criteria for eligibility include:
- Female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate B.S.degree program.
- Please note that we do not fund graduate (masters, MBA or Phd) programs, second or subsequent degrees, students older than 32 years, non-STEM focused courses or Diploma degrees. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to these requirements.
- Studying STEM-related courses in a University or college in Africa.
- Demonstrable financial need
- Excellent Academic Record.
- Proven leadership, volunteering and community service
- Below the age of 32 years.
- Only students in their first and second year are eligible to apply. And also students in their third year if studying a five-year course.
Agriculture, Engineering courses, Architecture, Biochemistry, Biology, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Construction Technology, Food Science Technology, Genetics, Geography, Geology, Home Science Nutrition and Dietetics, Industrial Chemistry, Math related fields, Natural Science, Pharmacy, Physics, Science related fields, Statistics, Technology, Zoology
Method of Application
Your application will include the following:
- The application form filled out completely.
- Personal and Contact Information.
- Educational background and Family Information.
- Statement of need should describe why scholarship funds are needed and what the funds will be used for if received.
- Essays are strong criteria in determining candidates who are shortlisted. Responses to essay questions that address career goals and how you expect the WAAW scholarship will assist in your education. Please have your essay responses ready before you begin the application.
- 1. In 500 words or less, please write an essay on your future career goals and how you expect the WAAW foundation scholarship will assist in fulfilling those goals.
- 2. In 300 words or less, please describe what you believe about female education in Africa and its impact on research, development or advancement in African economies.
3. In 500 words or less, what is your proudest achievement to date
- 4. Describe in ten or less sentences why you need a scholarship. Tell us about your need or personal/family/financial situation and how the funds from the WAAW scholarship will assist your education and/or career plans.
- Two academic/professional references. Note recommendation letters and transcripts ARE NOT REQUIRED at the time of application. ONLY after a candidate has been shortlisted. However, you must provide the names of 2 references in your application.
ONLY Shortlisted candidates will be required to send the following additional items in order to complete this process.
- 2 references; one MUST be written by a professor from your institution of study and the other from an academic supervisor/advisor or mentor to be emailed by your referee to us.
- A copy of a current signed and sealed transcript from your University to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A copy of the student’s School identity card must be scanned and emailed to us.