The YNAG’s Annual Governorship Essay Competitions and Awards is an initiative aimed at celebrating excellence among young people (18-35 years), by recognizing the best ideas that can promote socio-economic progress of their states. The essay competition probes the thoughts of young people and engage their ideas for a better society and country.
The essay competition probes the thoughts of young people and engage their ideas for a better society and country.
As a gubernatorial candidate in 2023 write between 800 to 1500 words manifesto for your state.
- Host Country: Nigeria
- Category: Young People within 18 – 35 years
- Eligible Countries: Nigerians
- Reward: 250,000 Naira – 5,000 Naira (Depending on Position)
- Deadline: August 1, 2020
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The competition is an initiative of YNAG, an African-based outfit that aims to teach young people basics of civic participation, expose them to politics and governance process through engaging current and future leaders across various spectra.
Participants will be required to present their ideas for their states of origin in 800 to 1500 words.
- Only one essay may be submitted per participant
- No literary form other than an essay may be accepted
- The essay must reflect the author’s ability to explore and discuss ideas and ethical concepts
- The essay must demonstrate the conduct of the research and a sufficient provision of data
- The essay must be 1,500 words maximum, double spaced, 12pt New Times Roman, and numbered pages with one inch margins excluding bibliography and title page.
- References in the essay should be included and clearly identified
- Entries must be submitted in PDF format only
- 1st Place: Scholarship worth ₦250,000
- 2nd Place: Scholarship worth ₦200,000
- 3rd Place: Scholarship worth ₦150,000
- 4th & 5th Place: Scholarship worth ₦50,000
- Certificate of participation and ₦5,000 each for 6th to 10th positions
- Top 25 entries get free pass to the Young & Emerging Leaders Conference in December 2020