Shaanxi Normal University is an independent enrollment institution of Chinese government scholarship. The Independent Enrollment Program for Chinese Universities” is a full scholarship provided to the provincial education administrative departments of some provinces and autonomous regions in China and some Chinese universities for the direct selection and enrollment of outstanding young foreign students to study for graduate degrees in China.
Chinese Government Scholarship—Chinese University Program is a full scholarship established by the Ministry of Education in China to support Chinese universities in specific provinces or autonomous regions to enroll outstanding international students for graduate studies in China.
Shaanxi Normal University is one of the universities receiving international students under this program.
According to the type of students, it is divided into master scholarship and doctoral scholarship.
This scholarship only supports master’s students for no more than 3 years or doctoral students for no more than 4 years.
To be eligible, applicants must:
-be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
-Master’s degree applicants must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35;
-Doctoral degree applicants must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
(1) Chinese-taught Programs:
● Humanities: Applicants should have passed HSK4 when apply. Once enrolled, one-year Chinese training is required. After achieving HSK5 certificate, applicants can study in their major. (Applicants who already have HSK5 certificate don’t need one-year Chinese training.);
●Science and Arts(Music, Fine Art,etc.): Once enrolled, one-year Chinese training is required. After achieving HSK4 certificate, applicants can study in their major. (Applicants who already have HSK4 certificate don’t need one-year Chinese training.);
(2) English-taught Programs:
Except for native English speakers, all other applicants are required to provide a valid English level certificate (IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 60, or other corresponding level of English proficiency certificate) . Students are required to pass HSK3 when they graduate from SNNU.
-Applicants who have research results or who have recieved awards will be prioritized for admission.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The Shaanxi Normal University Scholarship 2021 will provide Full Chinese Scholarships to all International Students. The Scholarship details are given below.
- Registration Fee
- Full Tuition Fee
- Free Accommodation on or off-campus depends on the availability
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme
- Monthly Living Allowance: Master: CNY 3,000 (USD 485), Ph.D. Candidates: CNY 3,500 (USD 565).
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship（written in Chinese or English）;
2. Application Form for Shaanxi Normal University（written in Chinese or English）;
3. Notarized highest diploma ;
Prospective diploma winners must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date.
Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
4. Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English);
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
5. Research results. Published thesis, award certificates, etc. to prove their academic achievements and research capabilities;
6. A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English and sign);
This should be a minimum of 800 words for master applicants and 1500 words for PhD applicants.
7. Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English);
Applicants must submit two recommendation letters signed by professor or associate professor.
8.Valid HSK certificate, English level certificate or other corresponding English certificate;
9. Passport (The page with photo);
10. Foreigner Physical Examination Form;
The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid.
Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
Pleases keep the original copy of the Form for school registration.
11.Valid Non-criminal Record which has been notarized and translated into Chinese or English.
Due to the epidemic situation,you are required to complete the online application from China scholarship council and Shaanxi Normal University, submit all the scanned copy of the original materials online(you are required to apply for both application systems, only one of them will be considered as invalid application). There is no need to send the hard copies.
Method of Application
1. Complete the online application procedure at CSC Online Application System for International Students,http://www.campuschina.org/.Our agency number is 10718 and please choose the type B.
2.Complete the online application procedure at Shaanxi Normal University Online Application System for International Students,https://snnu.17gz.org/.
3.Conduct preliminary examination of materials, interviews and comprehensive assessment.
4.After the final auditing by the China Scholarship Council, the admission name list will be announced online during July-August 2021.
5.All applicants who do not receive the Chinese Government Scholarship will automatically be considered as candidates for the Shaanxi Normal University International Student Scholarship.