In 2021, Korean Government’s Global Korea Scholarship program aims to invite 1,278 international students from 154 regions who wish to pursue a graduate level degree (master’s or doctoral) or research in Korea.
To be selected as a GKS (KGSP) grantee, an applicant must successfully pass the 1st round of selection managed by the Korean embassy where he or she holds the citizenship or NIIED-designated Korean universities.
Please first check the “2021 GKS-G Application Guidelines”, “2021 GKS-G University Information” and attached files below to learn about the list of countries invited to take part in our program, qualifications, available universities and majors, application procedures,
application forms, and further more.
- Host Country: Korea
- Study Abroad: Study in Asia
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship with Stipends
- Deadline: Varies by Countries
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
he deadline will be decided by each institution or office that accepts the application documents, i.e. the Korean Embassy, Institute of Korean Education, or Korean university.
Application deadline may differ from one country to another or by each university; We highly advise you to make sure to check the calls for 2021 GKS application separately announced by relevant institutions or offices.
- All applicants must be in good health, both mentally and physically.
- All applicants must have maintained CGPA equivalent to or higher than following:
- CGPA: 2.64/4.0, 2.80/4.3, 2.91/4.5, 3.23/5.0
- % age: Must be 80% or above on a 100-point scale or be ranked within the top 20% within one’s class.
- All applicants must hold citizenship of NIIED designated countries
- All applicants and their parents must not hold Korean citizenship.
- Korean citizens and dual citizenship holders (one who have Korean citizenship and citizenship of another country) are Not eligible to apply.
- Applicants and their parents who had previously held Korean citizenship must submit
documentation that proves their renunciation of Korean citizenship
- Must be under 40 years of age as of September 1, 2021 (born after September 1, 1981)
- Academic professors who are under 45 years of age as of September 1, 2021 (born after September 1, 1976) and hold citizenship of one of the Official Development Assistance (ODA) recipients listed in the table below are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must hold or must be expected to hold a Bachelor’s Degree to be enrolled in a Master Program or hold a Master Degree to be enrolled in Ph.D. Degree Program.
- Research Program Applicants: Must hold a degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a Master’s degree and must have received an invitation from one of NIIED’s designated Korean universities.
- Postdoctoral Research Program: Must hold a doctoral degree or a level of education equivalent to a doctoral degree.
- Applicants who are expected to graduate at the time of applying must first submit the certificate of expected graduation at the time of applying.
- English Language Requirements/Certificate.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
Korean Government GKS Scholarship 2021 in Korea is a Fully Funded Scholarship in Korea for international students. The Global Korea GKS Scholarship 2021 will cover all the expenses. Detail is given below:
- Complete Tuition Fee
- Monthly Allowance (KRW 1,000,000 – KRW 1,500,000)
- Resettlement Allowance (KRW 200,000)
- Medical Insurance (KRW 20,000)
- Research Support (KRW 210,000 – 240,000)
- Round Airfare Tickets
- Language Courses
- Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency
- Printing Costs (Dissertation) (KRW 500,000 – 800,000)
- Completion Grant.
- Master’s Degree: 3 years
- 1 year of the Korean language program
- 2 years of a degree program
- Doctoral Degree: 4 years
- 1 year of the Korean language program
- 3 years of the regular degree program
- Research Program: 6 Months.
Available Study Fields
All-Academic Fields & Majors are available Under the Global Korea Scholarship by the Korean Government for Masters & PhD.
- Applicants must choose their majors (fields of study) that are only listed in the “University Information” file.
Method of Application
The procedure to apply is different and set by each country.
Applicant are strongly advised to make use of the GKS official website below to submit their applications. Make sure to check the calls for 2021 GKS applications separately announced by relevant institutions or offices.