Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) heraby Invites applications from first-year undergraduate in Nigerian Universities for its 2020/21 UNDER-GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
A total of 3,416 undergraduates from various universities in Nigeria have benefited from the scheme and N768.9m ($2.5130m) million has been invested in it.
The introduction of online application and use of social media (Facebook) for information dissemination in 2012 made the selection process more efficient and cost effective, and increased awareness of the Scheme. The scholarship award value is N150, 000 per annum for the course duration of each awardee. The scheme was reviewed from 150 beneficiaries a year to 300 starting from the 2018/2019 academic year.
- Have excellent /very good West Africa School Certificate (WASC) or National Examination Council result at ONE sitting or a minimum of 5 credits including Mathematics and English
- Have a score of 200 and above at the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
- Be a certified Full-Time Year-One student of any Nigerian University at the time of application.
- Have at least 3.5 CGPA to his/her Year-One first semester 2019/2020 session) examination.
- Not a beneficiary of any other Scholarship Award/Scheme groin any other company, organization or agency
- Not be spouse or child of staff of Nigeria LNG Limited.
The Application Process
- Interested person should visit www.nigerialng.com to apply.
- Go on the “Social Performance” menu to select “Education” from the drop down menu.
- Then click on the UGSS Scholarship application link on the Related Links section of the page to access the application portal
- Click on “Register Here” to people a profile and commence the application process.
All applications MUST include the following scanned copies as attachments
- Passport-size photograph
- WASC, SSCE or NECO result
- UTME result
- Official signed and stamped Year One first semester result (2019/2020 Session)
- University admission letter
- University student ID card
- Local Government Area Letter of Identification
- Applicants must fill in valid contact details (email and telephone numbers) as these will be used to communicate the outcome of the application.
The application will be disqualified for;
- Incomplete attachments
- Non-adherence to advertised criteria
- Falsified documents
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the selection test