It is the 18th edition of Annual National Mathematics Competition for Primary 5&6 pupils organized by two of the leading institutions of Nigeria in the area of education: Nigerian Tulip International Colleges (NTIC) and National Mathematical Center (NMC).
We are pleased to inform you about the upcoming traditional feast of mathematics for pupils, teachers and parents.
NTIC and NMC are putting a great effort to seed the love of mathematics in pupils’ hearts. However, they are not the only ones who have branded this excellent product; we owe thousands of pupils, teachers and parents all around Nigeria who are contributing to this festival with their efforts and enthusiasm.
t is worth reminding you that this competition is only for primary 5&6 pupils from public or private primary schools, all around Nigeria.
Age limit is 12 years old.
All pupils are to sit for the exam in states where their schools are registered.
Duration and Reward
- 1st Prize- 400,000 Naira
- 2nd Prize – 300,000 Naira
- 3rde Prize – 200,000 Naira
- 1st Prize- 200,000 Naira
- 2nd Prize – 100,000 Naira
- 3rde Prize – 75,000 Naira
- 1st- Photocopying Machine
- 2nd Prize – Printer
- 3rd Prize – Desktop computer
- 7 gold, 7 silver and 6 bronze medals will be given in each zone.
- The best seven pupils (gold medalists) from each zone will get a 100% scholarship (including tuition, feeding and hostel except other fees like books and uniforms).
- The pupils from 8th to 14th position (silver medalists) from each zone will get a 100% scholarship of tuition.
- The pupils from 15th to 20th position (bronze medalists) from each zone will get a 50% scholarship of tuition.
- All pupils qualifying for 2nd round from each zone will receive a cash prize as indicated in the next page.
- The teachers of the twenty pupils from each zone will receive a cash prize according to 2nd Round results as indicated in the next page.
- The best three schools from each zone will be given special prizes. (One school can get only the highest deserved price)
- Twenty pupils from each zone will be given certificates of merit.
- The schools and teachers of the twenty pupils from each zone will be awarded certificates of merit.
- The schools of the twenty pupils from each zone will be awarded plaques.
Type and number of questions: Both stages of this competition are objective type examination involving 75 questions distributed as follows: 35 algebra, 15 geometry and 25 aptitude. The questions are prepared according to Nigerian Primary school syllabus but in a harder level.
Duration of the examination: A total of 120 minutes is allotted to answer all the questions.
Dates and venues for the stages and award giving ceremony:
1st Round: 19th June 2021, in every state of Nigeria
2nd Round: 27th-28th -29th July, 2021 NTIC Abuja and Kano
Award Giving Ceremony: 29th July, 2021 NTIC Abuja and Kano
Method of Application
- There will be one exam centre for each state (Lagos will have 5 exam centers).
- Maximum 200 students may participate for each exam centers. (Abuja may accommodate 300 students) due to Pandemic precautions.
- Schools may send their best 3 pupils to the 1st round. No school shall have more than three pupils.
- The registration shall be on first-come first-served basis. v-Registrations will be closed as soon as the 200 targets are reached for each centre or closed 1 week before the 1st round exam date, depending on which one is accomplished first.
- New registrations will not be accepted on the exam day or at the exam centre of 1st round of 19th ANMC.
- All registration must be made before the closing of registration or before the 200 targets as indicated in (iv and v above).
- There will be two zones (North Zone: Kano State and South Zone: Abuja State) for the 2nd round. viii-First 20 qualified students of the 1st Round of 19th ANMC will be called for the 2nd Round.
- Exam Card can be purchased from state coordinators (at N2000).
- There would not be any introductory visits to the schools by our officials but designated state registration coordinators shall be made to send posters and handbills. The social media shall be used to promote the 19th ANMC.