Ban Ki-Moon Young Women Leadership on Climate Adaptation Training Program – The Online Executive Training – Young Women Leadership on Climate Adaptation is a virtual educational and capacity-building program that fosters the leadership of African young women to induce and realize sustainable solutions that build resilience to the changing climate by fostering knowledge on climate adaptation , elevating leadership skills and connecting professional networks.
Hosted fully virtually on an exclusive online learning platform the part-time training program will spread over 20-weeks between October 2021 to March 2022.
The participants will experience a blended learning approach combining group live sessions on Zoom and self-learning tools such as videos, audio recordings, text resources, links, quizzes and assignments.
- Core Knowledge about Gender-Sensitive Climate Adaptation
- Leadership Capacity-Building
- Project Management Coaching
- Networking and Career Guidance
- Are you a woman between the ages 20-35?
- Do you have a Bachelor’s degree and/or higher?
- Are you a national of the Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria or Zimbabwe?
- Are you passionate about climate action and have basic knowledge of climate change?
- Are you involved in a climate adaptation project or aware of a challenge in your community?
- Do you have personal or professional leadership experience?
- If this is YOU then keep scrolling!
- … to understand the global and local effects of climate change, know what climate adaptation is and how it is implemented in gender-sensitive ways.
- …to develop an advanced skills set for confident and effective leadership.
- …to gain the knowledge and confidence to effectively communicate about and advocate for climate adaptation.
- …to know how to plan and propose gender-sensitive adaptation projects.
- … to build confidence in pursuing a career in climate adaptation.
- You need to have a strong and reliable internet connection and proficient level of English
- Attend the webinar sessions regularly (90-120 minutes, 1-2 times a week; weekdays; afternoon) and be able to commit the equivalent of 2 days a month for the course duration
- Complete assignments on time and show active participation in the live sessions and peer-to-peer review tasks
- Newly or further develop a project that integrates climate adaptation and its gender-related implications
Method of Application
Click the link below to fill in and submit the online application form together with your CV and copy of your passport by September 26, 2021.