The CSIR bursary programme financially supports full-time, unemployed students in obtaining qualifications in areas that are deemed a priority by the CSIR. It is a merit based, comprehensive bursary that covers all costs associated with university studies.
Throughout history, science has had a critical role to play in contributing towards societal progress and prosperity.
Organisations such as the CSIR have an important role to play in advancing science and innovation. Armed with some of the best minds in the world, we work on trying to solve problems that can help all South Africans. The CSIR hereby invites applications from students wishing to pursue a career in research, technology development and innovation as well as corporate/support areas.
Table of Contents
CURRENT GRADE 12
- South African citizen
- Must intend to enrol full-time for the degree of choice at a South African public university
- English (Level 5)
- Mathematics (Level 6)
- Physical Science (Level 6)
CURRENT UNIVERSITY STUDENTS
- South African citizen
- Must be enrolled full-time towards the degree of choice at a South African public university
- Unemployed students studying full-time
- BSc, B Eng, BSc Honours or B Tech and MSc
In order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must have the following;
- A certified copy of your barcoded ID.
- A copy of your CV.
- All high school applicants must attach a certified copy of their grade 11 reports and matric reports to date. If applicable, please provide proof of provisional university acceptance.
- All tertiary students must submit certified copies of their matric results and their most recent official transcript. For applicants that have enrolled at multiple institutions during their tertiary studies, please combine all your transcripts into one document.
- Proof of registration for students currently enrolled at a tertiary institution.
- For applicants under the age of 18, to comply with POPI regulations a signed consent form completed by your parent/legal guardian along with a certified copy of their proof of identity is required.
Method of Application
Please read these notes and instructions carefully before completing the form. Be sure to read every section and ensure that the information you provide is accurate.
- Applications that are incomplete and that include misrepresentations will immediately be disregarded.
- Please ensure that you attach ALL of the Required Documents
- Closing dates per application type:
- CSIR Bursary closes: Friday, July 30, 2021
- Bursary allocation year per application type:
- CSIR Bursary will be allocated for the 2022 academic year
- It is your responsibility to apply for entrance for your intended course and university and to ensure that you are able to meet the entrance requirements stipulated for your course.
- Please ensure that you complete all the sections of this application form.
- Please select the correct funding opportunity when completing your application.
You will receive a confirmation e-mail once we have received your application. You will be advised if your application is unsuccessful.
Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to interviews. Good Luck!