The Future Energy Leaders Programme For Young Professionals presents significant opportunities to progress ideas, projects and careers
For those accepted onto the programme, there are significant opportunities to progress ideas, projects and even careers. For employers the Council’s development programme is a unique opportunity to add to their company’s career paths allowing the next generation of leaders to develop new skills and expertise in an international environment.
For the Council and the broader energy sector, this unique development programme helps build the much-needed capabilities to ensure we are taking positive steps towards successful energy transition.
Table of Contents
“For me, the FEL Programme turned out to be a life-changing experience. When I came to the World Energy Congress in Daegu in 2013, I was in the process of finishing my PhD. Through the Japanese FELs, I made contact with the prestigious Research Institute of Innovative Technology for the Earth (RITE) in Kyoto. I was hired a few months later. I literally got into my dream job thanks to FEL Programme!”
Bianka Shoai Tehrani, FEL Alumni
During the first half of every year we on-board around 35 new participants and the same number of participants are replaced. Programme applicants should meet the following essential criteria:
- Solid interest and proven track record in energy or energy +; the CV indicates a specific achievement and the potential to become a leader in his / her field
- 3-5 years junior management experience in an energy-related field considered a plus
- Highly motivated and encouraged to work with the World Energy Council, and ready to commit to become a member of the exclusive FEL-100 and remain engaged for at least one up to typically three years
- Advanced level of English
- Not more than 32 years old at the time of application
- Availability for at least 15 days contact time with the development programme (20 days in Congress years). Validation by employer would be considered a plus.
- Is your application being supported by a Council member or partner?
- Do you have an existing affiliation with the Council?
- Contact information
- Personal prose biography (max. 180 words)
- How you heard about the programme
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Two recommendation letters
Method of Application
Before you start completing this application form, please read the outline of the application form and make sure you have all necessary documents ready to be uploaded (CV and two recommendation letters).