[email protected] Essay Competition – The Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN) was established in May, 1971 as a company limited by guarantee. The establishment of the Association was motivated by the desire to have a focal point of communication and consultation between industry on the one hand, and the government and general public on the other.
MAN is calling on young Nigerians to apply for the 2021 Essay competition in marking the Association’s 50 years anniversary.
This competition is designed for currently registered undergraduate students in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions of any course of study.
Validation of Candidates identity:
- The competition is designed for current registered undergraduate students in NigerianTertiary Institutions of any course of study.
- The candidates submit evidence of identification such as, IDCards / Evidence of registration in current session/ semester and Attestation Letter from the HOD certifying the current status of the participating students
- The candidates must have spent four semesters in their-current tertiary institutions
1st Prize – 500,000 Naira (Plus one-month internship offer)
2nd Prize – 300,000 Naira (Plus one-month internship offer)
3rd Prize – 200,000 Naira
Length of Essay:
- The essay shall be no longer than 5000 words,f footnotes included.
- There is no down limit, although papers shorter than 2500 words are not encouraged
- Format Requirement. Typed on a A4 size electronic page;
- Font size and type should be 12 points, and Times New Roman;
- 1.5 inter-linear space;and
- Margins of 2.5 4cm on top, bottom and both sides
Cover of the written submissions
- The title of the Essay should be at the top center of the cover page of the written submission.
- The Essay should include name of the Candidate, Address,E-mail,ID, Contact Number, Name of the Department /Faculty/ University with the address.
- The identity of the candidate must not appear on any other paper of the submission to ensure confidentiality
- List of References and List of Abbreviations should also be submitted along with the written submissions.
- The List of References shall include all cited texts throughout the written submission
- Candidates may use any recognized style of referencing system and this must be consistently used throughout the written submission.
Procedures for the Written Submissions
- The essay competition consists of written submissions which are to be submitted through dedicated email addresses and delivered within the given timeline
- Only one entry per candidate may be submitted
- The written submissions have to be sent and delivered latest by 30th June 2021
- All submissions will be subjected to plagiarism tests and only original essays with not more than 25% level of similarity index will be considered for the competition.
- Any serious violation of plagiarism at any stage of the competition will result in outright disqualification of the essay